Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying to the USA: documentation of recovery using NHS PCR test results?

Flying to the USA: documentation of recovery using NHS PCR test results?

Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

GaleOfWind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying to the USA: documentation of recovery using NHS PCR test results?

Tl;Dr: has anyone used a positive NHS PCR test result to travel to the US as part of a documentation of recovery?

I tested positive on an NHS provided PCR test today. I'm moving to the US in a few weeks and having the documentation of recovery would make things a lot more convenient as I'm aware that you can test positive for some time after recovery.

The CDC says the documentation requires two parts: the positive test result and the doctors certificate. I've found a clinic that will do the letter, but for the positive test result all I have is the email from the NHS saying I'm positive. It doesn't look as formal or detailed as a private clinic's PDF test certificate would, so I'm wondering if anyone's used one to travel to the US?
Old Nov 26th 2021, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying to the USA: documentation of recovery using NHS PCR test results?

Some have said it's easier to just get a supervised lateral flow/anti gen test as they are unlikely to show positive after a few weeks and is all the US require for entry.