British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   flying on sunday quick question... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/flying-sunday-quick-question-108531/)

gilliankennedy May 24th 2002 7:38 am

flying on sunday quick question...

I am flying out on Sunday I have all my paperwork ( spousal visa), chest X ray etc - what I wanted to know is.... Normally you fill in the Green Visa form on the plane - and American Citizens fill out the white form..... Which do I fill out - or do i just fill in the customs form???

Thanks

Gill

swoosh May 24th 2002 11:32 am

Re: flying on sunday quick question...

All visa holders fill out the white form and I would think spousal and K1 visa holders do so as well. Only visitors travelling on the visa waiver fill out the green form. I don't think USC have to fill out anything except the customs form which is white as well.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong =).
Jeannine

Andy Platt May 24th 2002 3:20 pm

"gilliankennedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am flying out on Sunday I have all my paperwork ( spousal visa), chest X ray etc
    > - what I wanted to know is.... Normally you fill in the Green Visa form on the
    > plane - and American Citizens fill out the white form..... Which do I fill out - or
    > do i just fill in the customs form???

You just fill out the customs form. BTW, when you say "American Citizens fill out the
white form" - that *is* the customs form. There is also a white I-94 form but US
citizens, permanent residents, Canadian citizens and those arriving on immigrant
visas don't need to fill it out (and, obviously, if your going with the visa waiver
you use the green I-94W).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Andy Platt May 24th 2002 4:20 pm

"swoosh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > All visa holders fill out the white form and I would think spousal and K1 visa
    > holders do so as well. Only visitors travelling on the visa waiver fill out the
    > green form. I don't think USC have to fill out anything except the customs form
    > which is white as well.
    >
    > Someone please correct me if I am wrong =). Jeannine

You're wrong about "spousal visas" if you mean immigrant visas (K-3 visa holders
would fill out the white I-94 form though). See my other post for clarification.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

swoosh May 24th 2002 5:48 pm

Yes I was only thinking k1, k2, k3 visas and forgot about the others. Thanks for clearing that up =).

Jeannine

gilliankennedy May 24th 2002 6:28 pm

thanks for your help!!

Mrtravel@Sbcglo May 24th 2002 8:20 pm

Since spousal visa holders are PR's at the POE, there is no reason for INS to keep an
I-94, so there is no reason to file one.

swoosh wrote:
    >
    > Yes I was only thinking k1, k2, k3 visas and forgot about the others. Thanks for
    > clearing that up =).
    >
    > Jeannine
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Denis Barlow May 24th 2002 9:20 pm

Hi Andy,

I didn't fill out anything but when I got to immigration at Phoenix Sky Harbor he
told me to fill out the white I-94 form and that is what he stapled in my passport.

Just my experience.

Denis

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "gilliankennedy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I am flying out on Sunday I have all my paperwork ( spousal visa), chest X ray
    > > etc - what I wanted to know is.... Normally you fill in the Green Visa form on
    > > the plane - and American Citizens fill out the white form..... Which do I fill
    > > out - or do i just fill in the customs form???
    >
    > You just fill out the customs form. BTW, when you say "American Citizens fill out
    > the white form" - that *is* the customs form. There is also a
white
    > I-94 form but US citizens, permanent residents, Canadian citizens and
those
    > arriving on immigrant visas don't need to fill it out (and, obviously, if your
    > going with the visa waiver you use the green I-94W).
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > --
    > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Michael Voight May 24th 2002 10:20 pm

Denis Barlow wrote:
    >
    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > I didn't fill out anything but when I got to immigration at Phoenix Sky Harbor he
    > told me to fill out the white I-94 form and that is what he stapled in my passport.

Was this on a spouse immigration visa (IR-1 or CR-1?) There would be no need to have
an I-94 stapled in your passport since you would get an I-551 stamp.

Denis Barlow May 25th 2002 1:20 am

Ooops! Didn't read the original post properly, I arrived with a K1

Denis

"Michael Voight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Denis Barlow wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi Andy,
    > >
    > > I didn't fill out anything but when I got to immigration at Phoenix Sky Harbor he
    > > told me to fill out the white I-94 form and that is what he stapled in my
    > > passport.
    >
    > Was this on a spouse immigration visa (IR-1 or CR-1?) There would be no need to
    > have an I-94 stapled in your passport since you would get an I-551 stamp.