Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying home tomorrow

Flying home tomorrow

Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flying home tomorrow

I am flying home tomorrow evening out of Chicago, into London Heathrow, until next Monday.

Obviously I am not relishing the journey AT ALL. Everyone over here has tried to stop me from making the trip, and my wife genuinely doesn't want me to go.

My UK friends and family however, agree with me when I say that I have to come - as soon as we start cancelling our plans and living in fear, the terrorists have won.

I put on a very brave face to everyone, but I am still nervous. I keep trying to stay level headed and think rationally, but at times like this you still think of all these crazy scenarios!!

Anyway - has anyone been into or out of Heathrow in the last couple days? I would be interested to know how the whole flying experience to and from the UK is right now.

Matt
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying home tomorrow

the new anal search is a bit of a bummer .....
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray
the new anal search is a bit of a bummer .....
Hahaha...
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I am flying home tomorrow evening out of Chicago, into London Heathrow, until next Monday.

Matt
hey chill out and relax, my girlfriend flew back yesterday from denver into LHR and she has emailed me to say all was well, safest time to travel....have a great time
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:32 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I am not relishing the journey AT ALL. Everyone over here has tried to stop me from making the trip, and my wife genuinely doesn't want me to go.

My UK friends and family however, agree with me when I say that I have to come - as soon as we start cancelling our plans and living in fear, the terrorists have won.

I put on a very brave face to everyone, but I am still nervous. I keep trying to stay level headed and think rationally, but at times like this you still think of all these crazy scenarios!!

Anyway - has anyone been into or out of Heathrow in the last couple days? I would be interested to know how the whole flying experience to and from the UK is right now.

Matt
Safe journey - K on the way
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Flying has always been a royal pain in the arse. So nothing new there.

Did you put your life on hold when the IRA were bombing us?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Flying has always been a royal pain in the arse. So nothing new there.

Did you put your life on hold when the IRA were bombing us?
I don't know, I was probably about 8
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:14 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't worry about it. This is probably the safest time to fly. I flew from Manchester to Denver via Chicago on Saturday. It really wasn't that much of a big deal.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:16 pm
Guest21

Matt
You could look at it this way, you have more chance getting hit by a car on the way to the airport not a nice thought but statistically true.

HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT GIVE MY LOVE TO BLIGHTY.

Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:18 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Matt
You'll be fine, just enjoy your time back. Jacksie B@@tard
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a great trip and good on you for not giving in to the terrorists. Someone we know flew back from the UK on Sunday and he said it was fine except that he got searched over and over again.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heading home
Have a great trip and good on you for not giving in to the terrorists. Someone we know flew back from the UK on Sunday and he said it was fine except that he got searched over and over again.

Warning to BritVic...this is not for your eyes.

We took a trip up the Hudson River yesterday to the West Point Academy. I was praying that I would be lucky enough for a body search by one of those guys. Phew....the thought of it....I'll just have to sit down and recover.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry about it...but have a fun trip
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well there you have it.... part of the problem is the disagreement between the two, which is no doubt a source of stress.

At the end of the day it's YOUR decision.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Well there you have it.... part of the problem is the disagreement between the two, which is no doubt a source of stress.

At the end of the day it's YOUR decision.
She respects my decision, but of course her worrying makes me worry. It's not a nasty thing, she just doesn't want me going down in a fiery ball of flames thats all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.