Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying home with my baby

Wikiposts

Flying home with my baby

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Flying home with my baby

Originally Posted by britvic
I did not know about this letter thing until the last minuet of going back, Hub's was out to Sea by then, anyway was never asked either way, my main worry was I'm still waiting for my 10 year GC so all I had was my stamp in my passport, coming back here Immigration did seem a bit miffed with only the stamp, then I also showed my Military ID and he just said I'll let you go for now then otherwise we would have to fill out all sorts of paper work
"I'll let you go for now" is official speakdom for "I wish I could do something here but I can't so I'll make you think I could if I wanted to".

Reminds me of Ruperts saying "Don't think I won't report this". Oh I f**king know you'll report it you useless waste of a uniform.........but sweet FA will come from it

Usually these things are said by idiots that don't know their own job as good as they should do. In an effort to save themself abit of face infront of people they deem their inferiors.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
"I'll let you go for now" is official speakdom for "I wish I could do something here but I can't so I'll make you think I could if I wanted to".

Reminds me of Ruperts saying "Don't think I won't report this". Oh I f**king know you'll report it you useless waste of a uniform.........but sweet FA will come from it

Usually these things are said by idiots that don't know their own job as good as they should do. In an effort to save themself abit of face infront of people they deem their inferiors.
I hear what your saying Rushy, but he was a young Pup which I tend to look for, rather than some hard faced old cow just waiting to spoil your day.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:22 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=britvic]he was a young Pup which I tend to look for

You cradle robber you! (only kidding! )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=blaze]
Originally Posted by britvic
he was a young Pup which I tend to look for

You cradle robber you! (only kidding! )
Well I did marry one as well
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:54 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Who is it that asks for these letter? Check in staff? Security? or Gate Agents?

I've been flying in and out for the past eight years with my daughter (now 13), never once with her mother. And I have never been asked for documentation of any kind.

Seems very hit and miss, but always best to have your bases covered.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:29 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by choppi
Thanks a million PartyStar!
No problemo, good luck to you & have a safe trip!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 6:10 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

I am flying home next Saturday with my 6 month daughter to see my family. My husband is unable to come with us as he started a new job a few months back and doesn't have enough time off yet. Anyway, here's my question: would I have to have a notarized letter to say that my husband 'agrees' that I am taking our daughter with me to visit my family in Ireland and that it is my intention to return to the USA????? Of course I intend to return but in this day and age with child kidnapping, should I get such a letter??? We're gonna be in Ireland for 2 weeks.
I have been a permanent resident since 2001.

-------
Choppi
I flew to England with my step daughter and thats what we did, my wife had the biological father write a letter and get it notarized, but we were never asked to show it at the desk. Any doubts....... call the airline company but I don't think you will need a letter.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:26 pm
cpf
Just Joined

cpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nicecpf is just really nice

I am flying home next Saturday with my 6 month daughter to see my family. My husband is unable to come with us as he started a new job a few months back and doesn't have enough time off yet. Anyway, here's my question: would I have to have a notarized letter to say that my husband 'agrees' that I am taking our daughter with me to visit my family in Ireland and that it is my intention to return to the USA????? Of course I intend to return but in this day and age with child kidnapping, should I get such a letter??? We're gonna be in Ireland for 2 weeks.
I have been a permanent resident since 2001.

-------
Choppi
I had a letter done before I went solo with kid, but I wasn't stopped. Probably best to do it just in case.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I have taken a notorized letter with me everytime I have travelled without my husband and have yet to be asked... but I would take one just to be on the safe side.

here is what I we have written in ours (I have it saved on the computer).

To Whom It May Concern,

I, **** **** born on *** ** 1969 with the USA Drivers License number of ********** and residing at **** ****** ** Grand Rapids, Michigan. Hereby give my consent for my daughter Emily Elizabeth *****, born on *** ** 2003 in Grand Rapids, Michigan with the USA passport number of ******* to travel to the United Kingdom (England) with her mother, my wife, Ashley ***** born on *** ** 1977 with the UK passport number of *********. Both my wife and daughter reside with me at the above address.

My wife and daughter will leave the USA on or about March 29th 2005 and will return to the USA on or about April 18th 2005.

Any questions or concerns regarding this consent can be directed to me at the above address or at either of the following telephone numbers: Home: (616) *** **** or Work: (616) *** ****.

Signed

***** ******. March 25th 2005