British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Flying from Boston to London for cheaps (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/flying-boston-london-cheaps-870961/)

Ash UK/US Jan 19th 2016 9:08 pm

Flying from Boston to London for cheaps

I was looking at Twitter and got a tweet from Travelzoo for cheap flights for Boston to London... Usually when they say cheap they mean before any taxes are added but for the fun of it I threw in dates for April... $360 round trip inc taxes unless I missed something seems like a really good deal for anyone in the Boston area.

https://www.norwegian.com/ssl/us/booking/flight-tickets/process/#/calendar?TripType=2&D_Day=01&R_Day=01&D_Month=2016 04&R_Month=201604&IncludeTransit=false&CurrencyCod e=USD&D_SelectedDay=04&dFare=145&MustContainPrice= 145&tracker=TTContinue&utm_source=Travel+Zoo&utm_s ource=_tzblog&utm_medium=banner&utm_medium=social& utm_content=Travelzoo+BOS&utm_campaign=US+Norwegia n+-+2016+Q1+Ongoing+campaign&utm_campaign=Instagramme dPlaces&source=_TZb&D_City=BOS&A_City=LGW

kins Jan 20th 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Flying from Boston to London for cheaps

Yes I looked at them and they were really cheap but selling out very fast.

Bob Jan 21st 2016 6:08 pm

Plus the $240 it costs to park there for the week :o

robin1234 Jan 21st 2016 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 11844335)
Plus the $240 it costs to park there for the week :o

Plenty of good public transport options into Logan, though. Doesn't work for everyone, of course...

Bob Jan 21st 2016 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 11844348)
Plenty of good public transport options into Logan, though. Doesn't work for everyone, of course...

Yeah, that's true.

Amusingly enough, was better and cheaper options heading in from where we lived in Maine, than there are in the burbs out where I am now.

Always the option of driving into Framingham, taking the coach in from there and hoping the car doesn't get stolen...or taking a limo, that's about $70 one way.

kins Jan 22nd 2016 12:05 am

$40 round trip from Portland ME on the bus. I don't think I've ever left my car at Logan.

Bob Jan 22nd 2016 2:37 am

Originally Posted by kins (Post 11844627)
$40 round trip from Portland ME on the bus. I don't think I've ever left my car at Logan.

We did the once, but only because we were able to expense it...wouldn't ever do it if we had to pay ourselves :o

robin1234 Jan 22nd 2016 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 11844406)
Yeah, that's true.

Amusingly enough, was better and cheaper options heading in from where we lived in Maine, than there are in the burbs out where I am now.

Always the option of driving into Framingham, taking the coach in from there and hoping the car doesn't get stolen...or taking a limo, that's about $70 one way.

Originally Posted by kins (Post 11844627)

Yes, we have the same to Cape Cod, frequent, fast bus direct to Barnstable and Hyannis, $40 round trip, direct from the terminal. Whereas if we wanted to get to my sister in law's just in the suburbs, it would be a convoluted trip.

Ash UK/US Jan 23rd 2016 7:05 am

I wish I could get good deals like this our of Grand Rapids or Detroit!

steveq Jan 24th 2016 2:20 am

I keep reading the title of this thread as Flying from Boston to London for chips, and it makes me hungry :-(