Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

flyin Delta?

flyin Delta?

Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:22 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flyin Delta?

Since I have been here I have flown with:

American Airline: crappy customer service
United: even worse, rude staff, indifferent supervisors
US Airways: Great, friendly customer service
ATA: No frills, but ok. You get what you pay for
Midwest Express: Outstanding
Hawaiin: They have open seating (no reserved seats) which is weird in this day and age. You have to queue to get on the plane
Continental: (most recent) good

I'm in the US Airways frequent flyer program and try to use them whenever possible, but only when their prices are competitive.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I'm in the US Airways frequent flyer program and try to use them whenever possible, but only when their prices are competitive.
not for long mate.
unless they recover and become a Low Cost Airline, I reckon they'll be in Chapter 7 liquidation this time next year.

Incidentally, US Airways were in court today trying to have chapter 11 imposes 23% pay rate reduction handed to the staff (of whom are members of the ALPA union and have refused to budge on pay/benefits during US Airways current fiscal crisis)
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:48 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
not for long mate.
unless they recover and become a Low Cost Airline, I reckon they'll be in Chapter 7 liquidation this time next year.

Incidentally, US Airways were in court today trying to have chapter 11 imposes 23% pay rate reduction handed to the staff (of whom are members of the ALPA union and have refused to budge on pay/benefits during US Airways current fiscal crisis)
Yep, I hear ya. I read somewhere that people have accumilated frequent flier miles that equate to hundreds of thousands of redemption flights. It the airline does go belly-up these miles will be worthless. So I will making a trip soon Any suggestions where to?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Yep, I hear ya. I read somewhere that people have accumilated frequent flier miles that equate to hundreds of thousands of redemption flights. It the airline does go belly-up these miles will be worthless. So I will making a trip soon Any suggestions where to?
Denver-Philly-Mamchester
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:14 pm
elf
Forum Regular

elf is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew Delta in December and they ran outof food, but prior to that have always had a good service, AA have not always impressed, Several times have had to get off flights becaue the plane ha not been fit to take off, I suppose at least they found out before they actually had! :scared: