Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

fly out tommorow

fly out tommorow

Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default fly out tommorow

so the big day is nearly here.

fly out to washington dulles to start my new life.

just a question or two.

which part of the landing card do i fill out us pr/citizen side or coming as a visitor.

silly question i know but just want to be sure.

its going to be around 100 degrees when i land at 3 pm eastern time.

went to check in online and it refused probably due to baggage im taking.

if i dont post here again today. see you all on the other side
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fly out tommorow

Originally Posted by redarmy990
which part of the landing card do i fill out us pr/citizen side or coming as a visitor.
You're definitely not a visitor, so not that part.

went to check in online and it refused probably due to baggage im taking.
It's probably due to your new visa. The online checkin often doesn't take into account those with an immigrant or K-1 visa in hand.

Safe trip!

Rene
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

blinkgoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Today is nasty out - very hot and SUPER SUPER HUMID - so if tomorrow is anything like today, wear shorts on the plane and paper towels in the back of your shirt! Enjoy!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:24 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck red - see you on the other side!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Hope everything goes well for you.

Make sure to pack the factor 50!
Old Jun 30th 2012, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Very best wishes to you and your family, congratulations on your new life!!!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Are we there yet Best wishes
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy. Did you beat the storm?

Even if you did, you may be having an interesting time right now?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by redarmy990
so the big day is nearly here.

fly out to washington dulles to start my new life.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

here i am guys and gals in dericho storm ravaged maryland.

the flight over was fine delayed 1h 47 but arrived at dulles just 1 hour late.

arrived at passport control with big white envelope in hand and joined the us citizen line as instructed.

there were just 4 people in front of me all returning for 4th july.

was called up the border control guy took my envelope and just ripped it open.
he checked a few documents in there gave me 4 stern looks and just said to now take my passport and paper work to number 1 booth i was at number 10.
he also commented please take the envelope and the other rubbish with me.the other rubbish was the top of the envelope he had ripped off.

went to booth 1 the guy took everything and proceeded to tell me about how long the green card would take.
he took my fingerprint with ink, i signed the paperwork and was told to collect my luggage then go through and have all my bags xrayed.

that was that. no welcome to america

had bags xrayed and was kissing my wife within 50 minutes of landing.

my wife was telling me about the storm and no power,the dericho has ripped its way through our town of rockville.
called to say hi to mother and father in law.then we tried without success to get a hotel as we had no power but alas all the hotels were booked.

we slept in our apartment saturday night without any air con.

yesterdat sunday was hot again and still no power.my sister in law and mother in law got power on at 6 30 pm last night,so we are staying at mother in laws.
our power may not be on until friday according to pepco.

its like a war zone here. power lines down everywhere,trees blocking roads and crashed into houses,traffic lights out everywhere.
we called home this morning to gather some clothes,and had to throw hundreds of dollars of food away from the now defrosted freezer.

at least i wont forget the first few days of my arrival