flowers

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:36 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default flowers

anyone know any good sites for sending flowers from the us to england.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Any interflora / FTD site should be ok. Cant remember the site I used last time sorry.

Jan
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: flowers

Originally posted by candy wy.
1800flowers.com, very good, we have used them a few times, and been very satisfied.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:14 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

There's a good section of sites here: http://www.british-expats.com/index....ycat&catid=162, but if you have time, it's often cheaper and more personal if you can get the number of a local non-chain florist near the person you want to send to. They will usually accept credit card orders by phone, do not charge exhorbitant interflora prices, will often deliver free if you spend over a certain amount and you do not have to pick one a format bouquet -they can tell you exactly what fresh flowers they have in that day and you can select your own. If you call before midday UK time, you can usually get same day delivery. I have sent flowers both this way and through national delivery chains and the local florist route is far superior, imo.

hth.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:30 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by monster
There's a good section of sites here: http://www.british-expats.com/index....ycat&catid=162, but if you have time, it's often cheaper and more personal if you can get the number of a local non-chain florist near the person you want to send to. They will usually accept credit card orders by phone, do not charge exhorbitant interflora prices, will often deliver free if you spend over a certain amount and you do not have to pick one a format bouquet -they can tell you exactly what fresh flowers they have in that day and you can select your own. If you call before midday UK time, you can usually get same day delivery. I have sent flowers both this way and through national delivery chains and the local florist route is far superior, imo.

hth.
\

thanks for the replies i will try calling a local florist. as alot of the sites seem to have miminal choice.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:56 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

\

thanks for the replies i will try calling a local florist. as alot of the sites seem to have miminal choice.
Even, as mentioned, Interflora? I sent flowers to the UK using their site last year, from what I remember they had a good choice.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:59 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Here is a link for Interflora deliveries in the UK:

http://www.fleurop.com/shop/products...SG16717GSC5MNE

Personally I find the bouquets unoriginal and pricey, but everyone has a different taste and budget.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:17 am
staying around

Personally I find the bouquets unoriginal and pricey, but everyone has a different taste and budget.

yes i agree ordering over the internet seems to be more expensive and alot less choice than calling a local florist in the uk. so i am now waiting for the florist to open in the uk so i can phone direct only 5 hours to go.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:19 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

A small price to pay for an easy life.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:25 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

I always use www.interflora.co.uk .

That way I get Brit prices and can order for same day delivery providing I get the order in by Noon or thereabouts.

There is no need to pay inflated US prices and service fees.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:04 pm
staying around

Originally posted by TRPardoe
I always use www.interflora.co.uk .

That way I get Brit prices and can order for same day delivery providing I get the order in by Noon or thereabouts.

There is no need to pay inflated US prices and service fees.

i phoned a local florist in the uk ok i had to wait till 2am this morning for them to be open but it worked out about $20 cheaper to do it this way rather than go via the internet.