Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida's economic outlook, Good/Bad??

Florida's economic outlook, Good/Bad??

Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida's economic outlook, Good/Bad??

Something else I have noticed about South Florida, maybe same in your State?
In NYC, I would go see the quack ($10 co-pay), they would give me a pill or cream (Ins FOC), use for 7 days, if does not work, come back, if works, end of story.

In South Florida, go see quack & I mean quack ($45 co-pay), they give me pill or cream (Ins $8 - unlimited), always, every time, please make an appointment for next week, come back next week, do make an appointment for 14 days.
Also, lot of tests. Always doing their own, even if just had them done elsewhere.

Florida, doctors are ace at drumming up business.

Last year, with coinsurance payments, co-pays & Rx co-pays, we spent $8500.

NYC, few bucks in $10 co-pays.

I would be interested, if others see the same pattern.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Yep that co pay pisses you off huh....and when they ask you to come back in just to tell you..yep them blood test tells us you have a cold and, take blah blah blah...oh yep.. come back in 10 days so i can screw another $10 bucks..

Thats B/S Anit it...? My Mrs is in medical herself and knows how it works, in fact she files doctor's Licence's to work here in Florida. I do know that Florida out of 50 states cost the most for a licence...but still..

What the Mrs does is, tell the doc to let the girls at the front office to call us and let us know via phone of any results (if possible)....that way we don't pay extra for co-pay B/S....seems to have worked well ever since she said..

Yep...they do love that co -pay..the more people go in the more they get payed...it's a business mate..or a Racket....whatever way you look at it....

we are all Fxxxx
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
Isnt the point that PBS is free -BBC isnt

i would also suggest property taxes ... in the US $3600. Guess which is the better house?
PBS isn't free. It's partially funded by taxes (state and federal, 40-50% of the operating budget) and majority funded by public donations. If they don't get the donations, they don't broadcast. The other difference is PBS isn't one provider, there is a provider for each of the 354 regions (WVIZ in mine for instance) and they all have different amounts of money so different programming.

On the property tax side of thing, just making sure those aren't semi-annual taxes. Most listings list the semi-annual ones rather than the annuals.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:57 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
there is a provider for each of the 354 regions (WVIZ in mine for instance)
What a great name for an affiliate: I wonder if they show The Fat Slags and Johnny Fartpants?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:22 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
What a great name for an affiliate: I wonder if they show The Fat Slags and Johnny Fartpants?
Roger Mellie
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Sorry Englishtart, have to correct you, more like "Flogging a dead Pinata"

We are talking Florida.

Reg. Frank R.
I 'sit' corrected!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Something else I have noticed about South Florida, maybe same in your State?
In NYC, I would go see the quack ($10 co-pay), they would give me a pill or cream (Ins FOC), use for 7 days, if does not work, come back, if works, end of story.

In South Florida, go see quack & I mean quack ($45 co-pay), they give me pill or cream (Ins $8 - unlimited), always, every time, please make an appointment for next week, come back next week, do make an appointment for 14 days.
Also, lot of tests. Always doing their own, even if just had them done elsewhere.

Florida, doctors are ace at drumming up business.

Last year, with coinsurance payments, co-pays & Rx co-pays, we spent $8500.

NYC, few bucks in $10 co-pays.

I would be interested, if others see the same pattern.

Reg. Frank R.
Not lived in any other state, but I agree with your assessment in Florida. Always seem to be nickel and diming you with co-pays and suchlike.

The way I understand healthcare in the US, I'd say its common practice....and all this checking and rechecking and redoing tests etc is a shining example of the wasteful system, and the exploitation of it by those in the business.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Not lived in any other state, but I agree with your assessment in Florida. Always seem to be nickel and diming you with co-pays and suchlike.

The way I understand healthcare in the US, I'd say its common practice....and all this checking and rechecking and redoing tests etc is a shining example of the wasteful system, and the exploitation of it by those in the business.
Doesn't seem to be any different in any of the 4 States I have lived in either
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Undefeckable will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Titchski
Roger Mellie
Bollocks!

Sorry....
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Undefeckable
Bollocks!

Sorry....
How many L's in that. I remember the show.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dan725

Just my 2 cents...

Television: There really is no option but cable. I used to live in NJ right across the river from Manhattan (from my apartment I could actually see the studios and broadcast antennas) and I still got crappy reception from non-cable source. If I couldn't receive a decent signal there, forget about it for 99.99% of the rest of the US.

Healthcare: Big wake up call needed here for arrivals. I am professional and have no employer coverage (this is an increasing trend). I'm healthy, no chronic diseases in my late 20's and have precisely ZERO options for affordable health coverage. All the co-pays, deductibles, limits and exclusions included in my current 'options' (2 plans to choose from one provider) would likely send me to bankruptcy court. And with the current joke of healthcare reforms that have recently stalled in Congress, the future doesn't look too bright.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:31 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

How many L's in that. I remember the show.

Reg. Frank R.
I think you're thinking of Call My BLuff, Frank - George Melly used to be on that quite often (if I remember rightly)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Titchski
I think you're thinking of Call My BLuff, Frank - George Melly used to be on that quite often (if I remember rightly)
Joe Lampton, 1970's TV character, said those immortal words, to his boss (Or father in law or they were the same person "How many L's in Bollocks?" or "Are there two l's in Bollocks?" Not exact but close.

Probably the first time such a word had ever been said on TV.

The name of the show, huge hit "Man at the top".

The car he drove??????????????

The good old days, great show.

Reg. Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; Feb 17th 2010 at 12:10 am.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Lampton, 1970's TV character, said those immortal words, to his boss (Or father in law or they were the same person "How many L's in Bollocks?" or "Are there two l's in Bollocks?" Not exact but close.

Probably the first time such a word had ever been said on TV.

The name of the show, huge hit "Man at the top".

The car he drove??????????????

The good old days, great show.

Reg. Frank R.
Thank goodness, I was sure Frank Muir never said 'bollocks'.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Thank goodness, I was sure Frank Muir never said 'bollocks'.
Frank Muir, now theres a name from the past. Hilarious.

Sally you are way too young to remember these names.

Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.