Reload this Page >

Florida Vacation Rental Problems

Wikiposts

Florida Vacation Rental Problems

Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Cliffordc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Florida Vacation Rental Problems

What are the general issues and concerns regarding renting out your property in Florida when you live in the UK? I may sound a bit paranoid but I have heard of stories i.e.: water theft, properties rented out without knowledge and fictitious maintenance and so on.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:19 am
magistrate

magistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Florida Vacation Rental Problems

I owned a company for 11 years with 40 UK owned vacation villas in florida .I took my obligations to the homeowners very seriously and had high standards where the maintenance of the properties were involved .
Please be aware that although some people were the perfect renters ,i could write a book concerning the unbelievable horrors I would walk into after british holidaymakers left ,if there had been a lot of rainy days and masses of children in the homes ,i can only use the term ,well used house !!!!!.I would send damage reports to the homeowners who would then try and keep back the rental deposits only to be told by the holidaymakers I was lying !
Examples ,AC left running at 60 degrees with all the doors open to the outside in the height of summer .
dirty nappies stuffed down waste dispsal unit .
Puke on carpets ,never cleaned up .
bbq lit in garage with door shut and left unattended .
worktops in kitchen covered in food debris .so ants multipling .This is a brief run down of how holidaymakers view their holiday ,they do nothing to look after the home and any mess dealt with after their departure :