Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:04 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Originally Posted by Emma M
My husband hates it here more than I do. He's always saying "Just get me outta this damn country, FFS!" When we have the money we will go. Give it a few years. I didn't realise how good I had it until I left. I'll not take that for granted again.
Anything in particular you dislike the most?

The way I see it is just like the UK you go to work and pay the bills. I just find different things to do for fun.

I do have the usual gripes about things that people from the UK moan about but I know I am not going to change them so I just live with them.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Isn't America all about that though Ray? It is free because you are allowed to change it. Just like underwear.
My point was.. and I was not picking on Emma
I am getting fed up with people moaning about this and that everyday

If it not the bread ..its something else ..

Nobody ever seems to understand you have to stop
comparing everything .. you are in a different place
live with it ...or not ..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

hulk_hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't America all about that though Ray? It is free because you are allowed to change it. Just like underwear.
how will the government remove guns? ask people nicely or send a swat team to their house?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:07 pm

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Come on now it's always moaning about bread. As I said in the post before yours, I don't let things bother me. I think that is why I adjusted so easily to the US.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by hulk_hogan
how will the government remove guns? ask people nicely or send a swat team to their house?
On an individual or mass basis are you talking about?

On a personal basis if you have done something to warrant having them removed then yeah probably a tactical team will pay a visit.

If you mean everyone in the country then no I don't think there are enough police officers for that.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Anything in particular you dislike the most?

The way I see it is just like the UK you go to work and pay the bills. I just find different things to do for fun.

I do have the usual gripes about things that people from the UK moan about but I know I am not going to change them so I just live with them.
You really want me to list the things I dislike? It would be better to ask me the things I like! Unfortunately, it took a lot of money, it took me moving here and finding out for myself, and now I know, it's going to take us even more money to move back! I'm just one of those who is not happy at all with the US, and no amount of "looking on the bright side" or "It's not as bad as all that" is going to change a damn thing. Sorry if that sounds bitter, but I can't change how I feel.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

I get what you are saying Ray, I'm going to be one of those people who choose not and get out of here as soon as it is financially possible.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:18 pm

You really want me to list the things I dislike? It would be better to ask me the things I like! Unfortunately, it took a lot of money, it took me moving here and finding out for myself, and now I know, it's going to take us even more money to move back! I'm just one of those who is not happy at all with the US, and no amount of "looking on the bright side" or "It's not as bad as all that" is going to change a damn thing. Sorry if that sounds bitter, but I can't change how I feel.
Hey it's just one of those things. If you don't like it you just don't like it. At least though you did do it and found out. You won't be one of those people moaning about something they haven't even done. The US just isn't the utopia everyone from outside of it thinks it is. It is a working country that has problems and benefits just like anywhere else. Like I tell all the people back home, it's the same shit just a different country.

to keep it kinda on topic, I still like guns though.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey it's just one of those things. If you don't like it you just don't like it. At least though you did do it and found out. You won't be one of those people moaning about something they haven't even done. The US just isn't the utopia everyone from outside of it thinks it is. It is a working country that has problems and benefits just like anywhere else. Like I tell all the people back home, it's the same shit just a different country.
I can't help but chalk it up as a huge mistake. My husband should have come to the UK in the first place. He even wishes he had done. This has been, if nothing else, a big fat huge lesson.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:24 pm

I can't help but chalk it up as a huge mistake. My husband should have come to the UK in the first place. He even wishes he had done. This has been, if nothing else, a big fat huge lesson.
Damn, I can't get my OH out of the State let alone the country but then again jesting aside I'm not really trying that hard if at all.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

hulk_hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

well dont come back via heathrow terminal 5
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damn, I can't get my OH out of the State let alone the country but then again jesting aside I'm not really trying that hard if at all.
Oh no, lol! I guess I am lucky in that respect, at least he wants to go back!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by hulk_hogan
well dont come back via heathrow terminal 5
Only if I fancied a punch up and water dripping on my head LOL
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:31 pm

Oh no, lol! I guess I am lucky in that respect, at least he wants to go back!
She has relatives in Arizona and I keep mentioning it because I want to ride my Harley year round. She just says she wants all 4 seasons. I told her I am sure they have a 4 seasons hotel down there somewhere.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:17 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Umm ..I have 20 odd firearms
Do you think if you traded in all the odd ones, you'd be able to get one really good one?
I keep mentioning it because I want to ride my Harley year round.
Ridin' a Harley and shootin' guns - some people's idea of the American Dream is a lot less ambiguous than others!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.