Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida-Take your gun to work !!

Originally Posted by Ray
Don't worry ..your neighbors have plenty
I have a friend here and the first time I met him he says to me "come and see my arsenal of democracy". He has about an average amount for this area, I think it was about 20 or so.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Don't worry ..your neighbors have plenty
That's up to them. I hate guns, absolutely detest them, and I believe that if it is between me using a gun or getting shot, I would rather get shot than go against my core beliefs. Bit deep there, lol! But true.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:41 pm

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
That's up to them. I hate guns, absolutely detest them, and I believe that if it is between me using a gun or getting shot, I would rather get shot than go against my core beliefs. Bit deep there, lol! But true.
Have you ever fired a firearm?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Have you ever fired a firearm?
Once.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:45 pm

Once.
I assume if wasn't a pleasant experience.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I assume if wasn't a pleasant experience.
Neither pleasant or unpleasant. I just feel society relies on weapons too much and I don't want a part of that. If that means I leave myself open, so be it. I would rather that than go around tooled up for security, what sort of freedom is that?!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:53 pm

Neither pleasant or unpleasant. I just feel society relies on weapons too much and I don't want a part of that. If that means I leave myself open, so be it. I would rather that than go around tooled up for security, what sort of freedom is that?!
The freedom of choice. I like to shoot (target not hunting, if I want meat that's why I go to a supermarket) for fun, I don't feel the need to have firearms for security myself. Some people do, like you I don't.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

So you move to a society...then don't like their ways ..
and just criticize..next you will try to change it..

No wonder some people never fit in ..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

The freedom of choice. I like to shoot (target not hunting, if I want meat that's why I go to a supermarket) for fun, I don't feel the need to have firearms for security myself. Some people do, like you I don't.
That's good for you, I have no problem with anyone else having guns, I was speaking personally, I don't agree with it.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ray

Isn't America all about that though Ray? It is free because you are allowed to change it. Just like underwear.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray

I'm just here for my husband. Believe me, if I had my way, we would move back to the UK.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:56 pm

That's good for you, I have no problem with anyone else having guns, I was speaking personally, I don't agree with it.
Oh I don't own any lol. My wife won't have them in the house. I just buy ammo and use everyone elses. I was just saying personally I don't mind them at all. I did have a bit of training with firearms back in the UK, that's probably why I am a little more comfortable with them.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:57 pm

I'm just here for my husband. Believe me, if I had my way, we would move back to the UK.
Same here, I am only here for my wife. On almost a daily basis I point things out that she could have in the UK. Hasn't worked after 7 years though.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh I don't own any lol. My wife won't have them in the house. I just buy ammo and use everyone elses. I was just saying personally I don't mind them at all. I did have a bit of training with firearms back in the UK, that's probably why I am a little more comfortable with them.
Maybe it's a woman thing or something, i know loads of women who hate guns, most men are cool with them.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Same here, I am only here for my wife. On almost a daily basis I point things out that she could have in the UK. Hasn't worked after 7 years though.
My husband hates it here more than I do. He's always saying "Just get me outta this damn country, FFS!" When we have the money we will go. Give it a few years. I didn't realise how good I had it until I left. I'll not take that for granted again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.