Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida - Renters Insurance

Florida - Renters Insurance

Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:55 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Florida - Renters Insurance

Anyone have any recommendations? Not happy with the current company we are with and we are looking to change.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida - Renters Insurance

Originally Posted by Sue
Anyone have any recommendations? Not happy with the current company we are with and we are looking to change.
Try these guys: http://www.assurant.com/inc/assurant/index.html

I had a policy with them until earlier this year. Was about $30pm and they cancelled it easily enough when the time came to cancel it. Not much else to say otherwise. I ended up with them when I moved from SC to FL 2 years ago because State Farm wouldn't offer renters insurance in FL.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Try these guys: http://www.assurant.com/inc/assurant/index.html

I had a policy with them until earlier this year. Was about $30pm and they cancelled it easily enough when the time came to cancel it. Not much else to say otherwise. I ended up with them when I moved from SC to FL 2 years ago because State Farm wouldn't offer renters insurance in FL.
Thanks.

That's the problem I had. The company we used in NC don't do renters insurance in Florida, neither does the new insurance company we are using for our car insurance. Did you have to file any claims with them at all? Just wondering what their claims process is like. Not that I am anticipating having to file a claim but you never know what the future holds.

We are using some company our new agent recommended for our current renters insurance and they mis-sold us a policy (long story). So now we are moving into a rental house and I'm not going with the same company as they haven't instilled in me any confidence that they know what they are doing
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Thanks.

That's the problem I had. The company we used in NC don't do renters insurance in Florida, neither does the new insurance company we are using for our car insurance. Did you have to file any claims with them at all? Just wondering what their claims process is like. Not that I am anticipating having to file a claim but you never know what the future holds.

We are using some company our new agent recommended for our current renters insurance and they mis-sold us a policy (long story). So now we are moving into a rental house and I'm not going with the same company as they haven't instilled in me any confidence that they know what they are doing
Have you tried State Farm ?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:34 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Ruth16
Have you tried State Farm ?
Yep, they don't Florida. We must be the great unwashed down here
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Well looks like your up shits creek , doesn't it
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:42 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Not Florida but national company, we just used AAA and you get a discount if already a member with them
Old Jun 20th 2013, 2:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue

Try Nationwide. Jim has them in Mississippi for the house and I have them in NY for apartment rental insurance. Had two claims with them and they were fantastic.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:01 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

This is by no means a recommendation. I worked for this company as a temp processing claims after 3 hurricanes in 2004/5. Having looked at the website, I don't recognize anyone named - Looks like they went public. But they do renters'. I think if you call them they will point you to a local agent to deal with.

http://www.upcic.com/index.html
Old Jun 20th 2013, 12:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Not Florida but national company, we just used AAA and you get a discount if already a member with them
Good idea we are members with them. Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Rete
Try Nationwide. Jim has them in Mississippi for the house and I have them in NY for apartment rental insurance. Had two claims with them and they were fantastic.
No, they don't do Renters insurance coverage in Florida, nor car insurance. Wish they did, we used them for over 15 years in NC and we were very happy with them, I was gutted when I called our agent to transfer our policy down to Florida and she told us they couldn't do it
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by RICH
This is by no means a recommendation. I worked for this company as a temp processing claims after 3 hurricanes in 2004/5. Having looked at the website, I don't recognize anyone named - Looks like they went public. But they do renters'. I think if you call them they will point you to a local agent to deal with.

http://www.upcic.com/index.html
Thanks Rich.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll get checking on those this week.

You all rock!! I knew if I asked on BE I'd get some good resources.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 6:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Joyceee says they are all much of a much ...
You wait until you want home owners
mine is $2300 this year $1400 last year

http://www.esurance.com/renters-insurance

Last edited by Ray; Jun 20th 2013 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Did you have to file any claims with them at all? Just wondering what their claims process is like. Not that I am anticipating having to file a claim but you never know what the future holds.
No so I can't comment on that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.