Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida driving license.

Florida driving license.

Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida driving license.

Originally Posted by slummymummy
I failed my first driving test in Florida. I was super nervous and backed into a curb. It was kinda hard with our big SUV in a fairly small parking lot. For my retest I borrowed a smaller car and I passed easy breezy. Good luck!
Never ever say that in public again.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Never ever say that in public again.
Lol... it's ok. I said it to warn the OP not to think you can't fail. You can. But yeah pretty embarrassing. I was pissed off at myself big time.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Lol... it's ok. I said it to warn the OP not to think you can't fail. You can. But yeah pretty embarrassing. I was pissed off at myself big time. ...
I and others often describe US road tests as a joke, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take them seriously. So long as you focus and keep to the basic rules, they are pretty much a piece of cake, but still shouldn't be taken lightly.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you with kids - Drivers' Education is a course offered at many Florida high schools, and if your son/daughter passes it, car insurance companies will often give you a discount on their policies. The schools that offer it have one or two beat-up jalopies that the kids use for the course.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
For those of you with kids - Drivers' Education is a course offered at many Florida high schools, and if your son/daughter passes it, car insurance companies will often give you a discount on their policies. The schools that offer it have one or two beat-up jalopies that the kids use for the course.
My daughter learnt to drive in high school in Alabama.

After completing the Drivers Ed course at high school she was not required to take a test. The test was part of the Drivers Ed course and cleared her to drive.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

A new driving school in Florida recently opened....

Seriously, I overheard tourists joking about this place issuing FL driving licenses.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
My daughter learnt to drive in high school in Alabama.

After completing the Drivers Ed course at high school she was not required to take a test. The test was part of the Drivers Ed course and cleared her to drive.
We had a member whose daughter ran a red light during her test...and passed. She totaled her car before the week was out.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 10:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
A new driving school in Florida recently opened.... Seriously, I overheard tourists joking about this place issuing FL driving licenses.
I wouldn't be so sure they were joking.