Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida Drivers License - issued by state?

Florida Drivers License - issued by state?

Old Apr 7th 2017, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default Re: Florida Drivers License - issued by state?

Originally Posted by jellybean_17
Ahh thanks for clearing that up, I was made to feel like i'm the only person who's had that issue before lol! I was contemplating how easy it would be to have the photo changed once it arrives (pure vanity because it will look horrendous since I didn't realise they would take another)....if it meant waiting for a new card again I will be less vain
LOL sadly I think that will be classed as a renewal and around another $50
Old Apr 8th 2017, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellybean_17
On another note....how do you find living in Sarasota? We haven't been over that side of Florida yet and I am curious on how people find life in other areas of Florida?
Ignoring obvious 'hot and flat'.

It is quite metropolitan here, although somewhat spread out. There is a wide range of cultural 'stuff' in the winter months but the place turns into a cultural desert in the summer months, that may well change in the near future as the permanent population is likely to continue rapidly increasing.(Sarasota is apparently rated as one of the top cities, in its size category, for arts and entertainment).
There are some magnificent beaches, if you are into that kind of thing, an interesting assortment of country parks and some great museums spread along the coast from the Dali in St Petersburg to the Edison/Ford in Fort Myers.

Otherwise it has the same crappy drivers, fast food outlets, sprawling strip malls, trailer parks and bland modern sub divisions as the rest of the State.
There is a huge homeless population in Sarasota which nicely off sets the regular violence and drug deaths in Bradenton!!!

Oh, and Ikea in Tampa is identical to the one in Bristol, right down to selling the same stuff. Which doesn't say much for them, considering that I last visited an Ikea in the UK about 15 years ago...
Old Apr 9th 2017, 3:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Otherwise it has the same crappy drivers, fast food outlets, sprawling strip malls, trailer parks and bland modern sub divisions as the rest of the State. ....
You forgot "bats in the salad"

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 9th 2017 at 6:34 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
.... Otherwise it has the same crappy drivers, fast food outlets, sprawling strip malls, trailer parks and bland modern sub divisions as the rest of the State. ....
Originally Posted by Pulaski
You forgot "bats in the salad"
Meh, salad is about as popular with Floridians as bacon is with middle easterners.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 9th 2017 at 8:45 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

jellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond repute

haha bats in salad?? Sounds like its worth a visit for the beaches and museums then but not so great with the other parts! Trying to fit in as much travelling around the state and then others as possible while we are here