Reload this Page >

Florida Car Insurance

Florida Car Insurance

Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

watchcamFloridabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Florida Car Insurance

Hi All,
I am planning on emmigratng to Florida later in the ear and putting together some budgets.
I cannot find any car nsurance company over there willing to quote for car insurance. I understand i need to change to a Florida licence after 30 days but I cannot find ou how much it will cost for the insurance.
Does anyonwpe knw a friendly broker or any tips?

Thanks
Paul
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Florida Car Insurance

Sorry, not sure why this has psted in visas!
Mods please feel free to move me and apologies!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by watchcamFloridabound
Sorry, not sure why this has psted in visas!
Mods please feel free to move me and apologies!
Moved to the General USA forum.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Much appreciated.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 9:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

There are many factors to be considered when they quote for car insurance including make of car, age of car, age of driver, years driving, location etc etc. You could try this: http://www.progressive.com/florida-car-insurance/

Do you already have your visa etc sorted out? Eg are you coming over for work or with a spouse?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

I’m near St Augustine and a few years ago my midsize was around $1600 per year initially, going down slowly. I am with Amica and have used Progressive both been pretty helpful but what they are like for a claim…..?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 3:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Expect $1K per six months for a new car and be happy if it is less.

You do not want to do with the state minimums, especially in FL.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE

There are many factors to be considered when they quote for car insurance including make of car, age of car, age of driver, years driving, location etc etc. You could try this: http://www.progressive.com/florida-car-insurance/

Do you already have your visa etc sorted out? Eg are you coming over for work or with a spouse?
Thank you, will give them a try.
I haven't got the visa sorted yet. I am getting the job finalised first but my wife is a US citizen so hopefully not too complex to get sorted.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by audio
I’m near St Augustine and a few years ago my midsize was around $1600 per year initially, going down slowly. I am with Amica and have used Progressive both been pretty helpful but what they are like for a claim…..?
Thanks, did you manage to get a quote off their site or did you have to speak to them?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Expect $1K per six months for a new car and be happy if it is less.

You do not want to do with the state minimums, especially in FL.
Thanks for the tips - will bare that in mind. The insurance system is very different on kevels of cover it seems?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE

My answer disappeared for some reason. Sorry if it pops up twice. Will try progressive. I think i might have already, did you do it online? All online sites i have tried have refused so far to quote.
I rang Geico and they were no use.
My wife is American so not sorted visa yet but also because finalising my job opportunity first.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, did you manage to get a quote off their site or did you have to speak to them?
Quotes were by agent with Progressive and I telephoned direct to Amica.
Good luck with yours.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by audio
Quotes were by agent with Progressive and I telephoned direct to Amica.
Good luck with yours.
Thanks will call Amica and keep trying to find an agent.
Need to know to put my mind at rest I can get myself something nice to drive
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks will call Amica and keep trying to find an agent.
Need to know to put my mind at rest I can get myself something nice to drive
I did not find agents very helpful; they wanted to load up the policy with expensive ‘extras’.
I much preferred to discuss my requirements with the insurance company direct. I seem to remember no one would insure me without a FL driving licence, so you may not get your 30 days.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

I am happy to get my florida licence. I wonder if they were being difficult and not putting me through the system as if I had a Florida licence. Will have a fiddle again with the online system. Here in the UK my American wife was given the benefit of her US driving experience to make her insurance lower. Looks like they wont be as flexible over there for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.