Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by hotscot
I'm sick of this Southern California weather and I absolutely love UK weather. Fact.
move back then!! and good luck in finding a nice home and a parking space!!...3 times the population of Florida.....#overcrowded!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
easy to say that when you live in LA...Americans always say to mee jeez I love the UK, do you know the queen etc ..they come over and realise how cold and over crowded this country is...stress...

I love being able to go to the Mall and actually get a large parking space for Free!!!......trying parking in UK...LOL
That's right...stress doesn't exist here...it's all sunshine and lollipops.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

agree but as a brit you cant 'retire' in US unless you have appropriate visa..this lady based on her question will likely only get an E2 ...so she will not be able to retire.....At least Boston has a Summer and it gets warm...
That is why I said it would depend on what their plans were. If they only had plans for a couple years, E2 is great, if they had plans for longer term, less so.

Boston summer is shit. It's hot. It's humid. It's covered in mozzies.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's right...stress doesn't exist here...it's all sunshine and lollipops.
move back to UK then...!...you would last 3 months after being in LA, though I don't know your lifestyle etc....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

It's certainly not overcrowded in Perthshire which happens to be in the UK.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Britsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmood
What about CA makes it more real to you than Miami?
Well if I'm comparing Miami to SF Bay area, the Bay area has nice weather, but also has seasons. It has hills and mountains nearby as well as valleys, national parks and beaches. The grass is often real - unlike the thick leaves on the ground in Miami. When it rains in SF you have a chance of making it to the car without being soaked through, and if you want to take a walk in SF Bay area you can do so without being drenched in sweat in the first 5 minutes. There is a nice mixture of character in the feel of different areas. People around SF are generally better educated and even read books sometimes. The Bay area has cultural possibilities beyond what the Jackie Gleeson theater can provide and not necessarily to do with Latin or hip hop culture. There is a better variety of building styles in SF Bay area and I think building standards are higher also.

So using the word "real" isn't a great way to explain what I mean - but hopefull that is better understood now....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's certainly not overcrowded in Perthshire which happens to be in the UK.

Just a typical troll with the same old same old
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
That is why I said it would depend on what their plans were. If they only had plans for a couple years, E2 is great, if they had plans for longer term, less so.

Boston summer is shit. It's hot. It's humid. It's covered in mozzies.
not so great then Bob!....I hate mozzies! ....E2 you can stay indefinitely but it does leave you a little exposed....we had to come back because my son couldn't stay....sold business but kept home there so lucky to have both UK & SW Florida .....would still prefer to be there full time...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Just a typical troll with the same old same old
hang on you are moaning about LA and I say come back to uk!!?? how is that 'troll' behaviour ....jeeez
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Florida, California or UK?!

8yrs ago is a long time...its change dramatically...however what is it you like doing?...your interests?
However much it's changed in the past eight years, I doubt it's got any more interesting or managed to suddenly find some culture, so don't think I'll be back somehow!

Maybe in 40+ years time when I'm elderly I'll think it's great, but for now I'll stick to holidaying elsewhere.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

And that's a fact...

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 10th 2014 at 7:13 pm.
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britsimon
Well if I'm comparing Miami to SF Bay area, the Bay area has nice weather, but also has seasons. It has hills and mountains nearby as well as valleys, national parks and beaches. The grass is often real - unlike the thick leaves on the ground in Miami. When it rains in SF you have a chance of making it to the car without being soaked through, and if you want to take a walk in SF Bay area you can do so without being drenched in sweat in the first 5 minutes. There is a nice mixture of character in the feel of different areas. People around SF are generally better educated and even read books sometimes. The Bay area has cultural possibilities beyond what the Jackie Gleeson theater can provide and not necessarily to do with Latin or hip hop culture. There is a better variety of building styles in SF Bay area and I think building standards are higher also.

So using the word "real" isn't a great way to explain what I mean - but hopefull that is better understood now....
Great points
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
However much it's changed in the past eight years, I doubt it's got any more interesting or managed to suddenly find some culture, so don't think I'll be back somehow!

Maybe in 40+ years time when I'm elderly I'll think it's great, but for now I'll stick to holidaying elsewhere.
So you like culture?...music, theatre, arts??.....how old are you now?..
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
this website says that the monthly average is less than 10 days rain a month, and that's based on records going back over 30 years. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...=climateTables
Wow. Isn't it odd that most people's perception of British weather, including people who LIVE in Britain is that it rains more days than it doesn't?

I know last spring/summer was dry-ish (I was in London for 5 months) but otherwise, if I was asked, I would also say that it rains and/or drizzles probably at least 50% of the time
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

or...Florida is briiiiiiiiiiiilliant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.