Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by hotscot
We used to say..wouldn't kick them out of bed if they farted...
classy ! from Glasgow are you?
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
There's more "water everywhere" in Florida than UK, I think. It rains a lot in Florida and much of Florida is wetland ... I imagine there's water in those sinkholes.

Anyway, on the subject of wild assertions. I went to a small town museum here in North Norfolk a week or two ago. I talked to the museum guy about the dry, generally sunny weather we've been getting in Norfolk by contrast to southern England where there has been record levels of rainfall with flooding. The museum guy agreed, and claimed that Norfolk has lower rainfall than Israel... ?
And he was right with lower rainfall. The clouds tend to be much lower in Norfolk compared to the rest of Israel, so the rain doesn't fall from the height it does in Israel. @Sportychico, you shouldn't always be so negative about the weather. Fact is that the UK is a lot milder than most places, so you don't freeze your nads off for 10 months of the year.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taradem
What are you talking about? I live in Rancho Santa Margarita in Southern California. Not sure of your definition of semi decent but to me this tops that. Very low crime rate, great schools, lovely environment, great neighbours and community feel nd about 30 mins from the beach.
Again, no idea what your definition of semi decent home is but we live in a 4 bed detached home on a large lot with a beautiful pool that is not overlooked and we paid NOWHERE near $1 million!
I thought this forum was about sharing factual information?
.....near coast? pool and spa?..over 2000 square feet, full of upgrades....AND BUY a BUSINESS ..please read post fully before getting your knickers in a knot $1m at the very least....that's not a lot of money but gets you further in Florida.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moses2013
And he was right with lower rainfall. The clouds tend to be much lower in Norfolk compared to the rest of Israel, so the rain doesn't fall from the height it does in Israel. @Sportychico, you shouldn't always be so negative about the weather. Fact is that the UK is a lot milder than most places, so you don't freeze your nads off for 10 months of the year.
ok but since October its been diabolical and we rarely have a decent summer...my father came over from Australia and couldn't believe how damp and grey it is .....he's forgotten having left the UK in 1980
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
ok but since October its been diabolical and we rarely have a decent summer...my father came over from Australia and couldn't believe how damp and grey it is .....he's forgotten having left the UK in 1980
I do agree that it has been bad in recent years (apart from last summer) and it has been extremely stormy since October, but it's the same everywhere. Germany had a really bad May last year (wettest in 132 years) and the last 6 years have been bad across Europe. Then you have places hit by hurricanes, snow storms in the US and water shortages in Australia. You never know what's going to happen, but overall the UK is very mild for it's location and people comparing our weather to southern Spain are just being unrealistic.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

I do agree that it has been bad in recent years (apart from last summer) and it has been extremely stormy since October, but it's the same everywhere. Germany had a really bad May last year (wettest in 132 years) and the last 6 years have been bad across Europe. Then you have places hit by hurricanes, snow storms in the US and water shortages in Australia. You never know what's going to happen, but overall the UK is very mild for it's location and people comparing our weather to southern Spain are just being unrealistic.
very true and you're right about comparing to southern Spain....
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

He probably remembers 1976, and several following summers, which were dry, and by British standards, pretty hot.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
He probably remembers 1976, and several following summers, which were dry, and by British standards, pretty hot.
very true
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It's also very interesting how people judge the weather. If every second day is sunny and on the other days it's pouring down, you'll generally find it better than having a bit of rain every day, although the amount of sun you get is the same.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's also very interesting how people judge the weather. If every second day is sunny and on the other days it's pouring down, you'll generally find it better than having a bit of rain every day, although the amount of sun you get is the same.
Exactly that. I have said the same thing myself here many times when asked about the weather in Britain. The annual rainfall where I live now is similar to rainfall in the UK, but here most of it comes on 3-4 days per month, and within a few hours on those days, whereas in the UK it can "rain" all day and not amount to even ½".
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:07 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

What are you talking about? I live in Rancho Santa Margarita in Southern California. Not sure of your definition of semi decent but to me this tops that. Very low crime rate, great schools, lovely environment, great neighbours and community feel nd about 30 mins from the beach.
Again, no idea what your definition of semi decent home is but we live in a 4 bed detached home on a large lot with a beautiful pool that is not overlooked and we paid NOWHERE near $1 million!
I thought this forum was about sharing factual information?
You made Chico come back
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

For an unfortunate reason
Old Mar 4th 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice

You would be very welcome, baking today ;0)
Originally Posted by jmood
Wouldn't it be lovely if forum members could visit each other's houses, especially when certain members describe their houses making them sound, oh-so-lovely. :-)
Old Mar 4th 2014, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice

Did you forget what you wrote? I was simply referring to your comment about a house only.
I guess the person who asked the initial question will need to do their own research on MLS ......

Quote:
you need at least $1m to buy a semi decent home in a semi decent Californian location...plus enough to buy a decent business ...probably $1.5m actually...The weather in the UK is SHOCKING ...grey most of the year, cold, rains most of the year and occasionally we get a few days summer....this is not up for debate its factual

.....near coast? pool and spa?..over 2000 square feet, full of upgrades....AND BUY a BUSINESS ..please read post fully before getting your knickers in a knot $1m at the very least....that's not a lot of money but gets you further in Florida.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Did you forget what you wrote? I was simply referring to your comment about a house only.
I guess the person who asked the initial question will need to do their own research on MLS ......

Quote:
you need at least $1m to buy a semi decent home in a semi decent Californian location...plus enough to buy a decent business ...probably $1.5m actually...The weather in the UK is SHOCKING ...grey most of the year, cold, rains most of the year and occasionally we get a few days summer....this is not up for debate its factual

if you read my original post I clearly state you need at least $1m to buy a nice home AND a business in California....for Florida you could get by with $700..nice home in decent part of Florida, near coast and business that makes comfortable Owner Benefit....so like everything it depends on YOUR own budget....If I had millions I would definitely have home in California, UK, Florida many other places.

$1m is not very much, nor is £1m....a nice detached home in Leamington Spa will set you back £600k.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.