Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Elvira

You have to admit you wouldn't kick either one of them chaps out of bed...

I was going to say that, the curly-haired one especially

How's it hanging?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

You have to admit you wouldn't kick either one of them chaps out of bed...

Is that an expression? To kick a chap out of bed? Not sure if it means anything other than its face value meaning. Have you ever done it btw?
Erm, as to to those guys, operatic ability and voice quality aren't proportional to attractiveness. So not sure about those guys.
But Pearl Fishers is one of my favourite operas. It has one of the most romantic arias in all of opera I think.

I'm coming to really enjoy this thread. It's amusing to read the "is this thread still going" comments.

And I'm a bit silly and gullible, but I still think of SultanofSwing as like the guy in his avatar photo.

Last edited by jmood; Feb 22nd 2014 at 8:11 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
Is that an expression? To kick a chap out of bed? Not sure if it means anything other than its face value meaning. Have you ever done it btw?
Erm, as to to those guys, operatic ability and voice quality aren't proportional to attractiveness. So not sure about those guys.
But Pearl Fishers is one of my favourite operas. It has one of the most romantic arias in all of opera I think.

I'm coming to really enjoy this thread. It's amusing to read the "is this thread still going" comments.

And I'm a bit silly and gullible, but I still think of SultanofSwing as like the guy in his avatar photo.
"I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers." Where are you from, jmood?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers." Where are you from, jmood?
Oh I would kick ANYONE out of bed for eating crackers.
But, thanks. I've learnt a new expression.

Umm, yes, I've had a bit of a sheltered upbringing. I missed out on a lot of colloquialisms.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

We used to say..wouldn't kick them out of bed if they farted...
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I would kick ANYONE out of bed for eating crackers.
But, thanks. I've learnt a new expression.

Umm, yes, I've had a bit of a sheltered upbringing. I missed out on a lot of colloquialisms.
I just meant - what is your nationality?
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I just meant - what is your nationality?
Fresh off the oath pedestal American, aaaand British.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hotscot
We used to say..wouldn't kick them out of bed if they farted...
Oh yeah, don't do that. That would be too rude to do to anyone.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Stabilo_Boss is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends on how much you like water:
Lots of water everywhere = UK
Lots of water vapour = Florida
No water whatsoever (alright there is a Pacific) = California.

Sorry for the slightly unhelpful post but I want to contact a member privately and need to send at least 3 posts.

Good luck whatever you decide, but my money is on CA.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fresh off the oath pedestal American, aaaand British.
Aha.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice

What are you talking about? I live in Rancho Santa Margarita in Southern California. Not sure of your definition of semi decent but to me this tops that. Very low crime rate, great schools, lovely environment, great neighbours and community feel nd about 30 mins from the beach.
Again, no idea what your definition of semi decent home is but we live in a 4 bed detached home on a large lot with a beautiful pool that is not overlooked and we paid NOWHERE near $1 million!
I thought this forum was about sharing factual information?

Originally Posted by Sportychico
you need at least $1m to buy a semi decent home in a semi decent Californian location...plus enough to buy a decent business ...probably $1.5m actually...The weather in the UK is SHOCKING ...grey most of the year, cold, rains most of the year and occasionally we get a few days summer....this is not up for debate its factual
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taradem
I thought this forum was about sharing factual information?
Not where Chico's concerned...And that's a fact! (His catchphrase.)
Old Mar 4th 2014, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wouldn't it be lovely if forum members could visit each other's houses, especially when certain members describe their houses making them sound, oh-so-lovely. :-)
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:33 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stabilo_Boss
It depends on how much you like water:
Lots of water everywhere = UK
Lots of water vapour = Florida
No water whatsoever (alright there is a Pacific) = California.

Sorry for the slightly unhelpful post but I want to contact a member privately and need to send at least 3 posts.

Good luck whatever you decide, but my money is on CA.
There's more "water everywhere" in Florida than UK, I think. It rains a lot in Florida and much of Florida is wetland ... I imagine there's water in those sinkholes.

Anyway, on the subject of wild assertions. I went to a small town museum here in North Norfolk a week or two ago. I talked to the museum guy about the dry, generally sunny weather we've been getting in Norfolk by contrast to southern England where there has been record levels of rainfall with flooding. The museum guy agreed, and claimed that Norfolk has lower rainfall than Israel... ?
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robin1234
There's more "water everywhere" in Florida than UK, I think. It rains a lot in Florida and much of Florida is wetland ... I imagine there's water in those sinkholes.

Anyway, on the subject of wild assertions. I went to a small town museum here in North Norfolk a week or two ago. I talked to the museum guy about the dry, generally sunny weather we've been getting in Norfolk by contrast to southern England where there has been record levels of rainfall with flooding. The museum guy agreed, and claimed that Norfolk has lower rainfall than Israel... ?
ridiculous....plus you freeze your nads off for 10 months of the year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.