Florida

Old May 1st 2016, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

spenketh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Florida

Hi Everyone, Hope your all well. I am a regular traveller to Florida and usually spend around 6 weeks a year there over 2 breaks. I am now looking into living and working in the Florida area. I totally understand that it is nothing like holidaying there but I love the culture and everything about the area.

I know there will be lots and lots of posts like this but i would like some current news if anything.

Does anyone have experience of this and finding work? I am currently working as a Registered Manager in an Adult Learning Disability Service.

Thanks in advance

Stephen
Old May 1st 2016, 11:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida

First and foremost, what type of visa do you qualify for to allow you to come to the US to live and work.

Suggest you look at the wiki's Pulaski's Way before going further.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

and put on your elephant hide because you are in for a lot of posts that can peel the skin right off of a normal person. This type of post is going to be a free-for-all soon.
Old May 1st 2016, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spenketh
I am now looking into living and working in the Florida area.
You might want to narrow your field a little, Florida covers a greater landmass area than England and Wales put together (and with a not inconsiderable 5000+sq miles to spare)!!!
Old May 2nd 2016, 12:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spenketh
...I am currently working as a Registered Manager in an Adult Learning Disability Service.
What exactly does that mean? Doesn't seem like something that would lead to a company sponsor.

If you have STEM type experience/qualifications, you have a better chance of getting a job sponsor, or a company transfer.

So other than work, buckets of cash is the way to go if you don't marry a local.

Anyway, welcome to BE and good luck!
Old May 2nd 2016, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question number 1 is are you a US Citizen?
Old May 2nd 2016, 12:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
and put on your elephant hide because you are in for a lot of posts that can peel the skin right off of a normal person. This type of post is going to be a free-for-all soon.
Hopefully Noorah will behave herself.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Hopefully Noorah will behave herself.
I wouldn't bet on it!