Vanvouver with only the k-1 visa then? Maybe I need to take a flight that can
arrive to U.S.A. directly?

We are waiting for your response.

Thanks with best regards.

goodaays

Old Apr 19th 2002, 11:40 am
Gavin.McCormack

Default Re: Flights to U.S.A.

I am not 100% sure although I am sure someone will clear it up for you. It is my
understanding that if you have a connecting flight from Vancouver to the US, then you
clear US customs in Canada prior to getting on the connecting flight. That is what
happened with me last time I entered the US via Canada. Hopefully someone will give
you a more concrete answer but thats my opinion on how it works. Hope it helps.

G

goodaays <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > My fiance would like to take the Air Canada's flights to get back U.S.A with me
    > after I getting the K-1 visa. Is it allowed for me to change the flight in
    > Vanvouver with only the k-1 visa then? Maybe I need to take a flight that can
    > arrive to U.S.A. directly?
    >
    > We are waiting for your response.
    >
    > Thanks with best regards.
    >
    > goodaays

Old Apr 20th 2002, 12:10 am
Mrtravel

"gavin.mccormack" wrote:
    >
    > I am not 100% sure although I am sure someone will clear it up for you. It is my
    > understanding that if you have a connecting flight from Vancouver to the US, then
    > you clear US customs in Canada prior to getting on the connecting flight. That is
    > what happened with me last time I entered the US via Canada. Hopefully someone
    > will give you a more concrete answer but thats my opinion on how it works. Hope
    > it helps.

I guess the issue is really whether she needs a transit visa to pass through Canada.
As I understand it, she is from a third country and wants to connect throught Canada.

Old Apr 21st 2002, 8:40 pm
Cheryl

If you're a Canadian and you are going through Vancouver there is a POE at the
airport. I have been through it several times and only have had one experience that
wasn't too pleasant but for the most part it was easy. If you're not Canadian I'm not
sure how that works. Logically I think it would be ok because it's a POE
(Customs/Immigration) for the USA and they're not going to let you in unless you have
the correct paperwork to begin with. Your best bet would be to contact the YVR
(Vancouver International) and talk to the agents at the POE or even a travel agent.

Cheryl Like I say everytime, I'm not an expert and if I'm wrong I hope someone out
there will correct me

Old Apr 27th 2002, 4:40 am
Goodaays

"Cheryl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] a>...
    > If you're a Canadian and you are going through Vancouver there is a POE at the
    > airport. I have been through it several times and only have had one experience that
    > wasn't too pleasant but for the most part it was easy. If you're not Canadian I'm
    > not sure how that works. Logically I think it would be ok because it's a POE
    > (Customs/Immigration) for the USA and they're not going to let you in unless you
    > have the correct paperwork to begin with. Your best bet would be to contact the YVR
    > (Vancouver International) and talk to the agents at the POE or even a travel agent.
    >
    > Cheryl Like I say everytime, I'm not an expert and if I'm wrong I hope someone out
    > there will correct me

Thanks for all of ur responses. I shld hv told u I was fm the third country. I'm
a Chinese.

We will try to contact with YVR asap. If u hv any information abt it, such as
website, email address, tel. or fax. no., would u pls tell us?

Thanks again! Best regards.

goodaays