Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flight Delays!!

Flight Delays!!

Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:56 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flight Delays!!

I have got to vent on this one as I swear if the stupid woman I saw on TV today was standing next to me at the check desk at SFO I would swing for her.

Due to the bad weather acrossed the country it is only to be expected that there are going to be flight cancellations and delays, I am already prepared for the worst....any way there is this woman on the national news going of this morning about how furious she is that her flight was delayed WTF what does she not understand it's not the bloody airlines fault, they cancel and delay for our safety,so lets see we could get asshole airways to fly in dangerous conditions, all the I want to fly folk even if its not safe brigade, because they would rather risk their life's in the sky then be a few hours or a day late :curse: None of us want to be delayed but be logical if its weather related. I have vented.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flight Delays!!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have got to vent on this one as I swear if the stupid woman I saw on TV today was standing next to me at the check desk at SFO I would swing for her.

Due to the bad weather acrossed the country it is only to be expected that there are going to be flight cancellations and delays, I am already prepared for the worst....any way there is this woman on the national news going of this morning about how furious she is that her flight was delayed WTF what does she not understand it's not the bloody airlines fault, they cancel and delay for our safety,so lets see we could get asshole airways to fly in dangerous conditions, all the I want to fly folk even if its not safe brigade, because they would rather risk their life's in the sky then be a few hours or a day late :curse: None of us want to be delayed but be logical if its weather related. I have vented.
Agree with you totally!. I work for an airline and meet some of the stupidest people walking this earth. Some people act like they are the only ones with somewhere important to be and its the airlines fault that it decided to snow or whatever.

Also, like I really want to be stuck somewhere overnight due to weather after working a 14 hour day. :curse:

Last edited by miss scouse atl; Dec 14th 2007 at 9:11 pm. Reason: silly me missed out a word
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:17 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
Agree with you totally!. I work for an airline and meet some of the stupidest people walking this earth. Some people act like they are the only ones with somewhere important to be and its the airlines fault that it decided to snow or whatever.

Also, like I really want to be stuck somewhere overnight due to weather after working a 14 hour day. :curse:
Maybe we see it differently because we have avaition industry expriance, but surely it does not take a flippen rocket scientist to work out the logic
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we see it differently because we have avaition industry expriance, but surely it does not take a flippen rocket scientist to work out the logic
Well I don't work in the industry, and I am not interested in flying in blizzards, hurricanes, ice storms etc.

Some people are just stooooooopid.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Yeah you are probably right. I think travel these days is stressful tho. Before people even see a bloody plane they have to deal with going through security......having to almost strip off.......cant take anything through.......try to grab some food cos most airlines here dont give you sod all just some pretzels......weather delays.......rules about everything and in some cases obnoxious airline staff etc.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym
Well I don't work in the industry, and I am not interested in flying in blizzards, hurricanes, ice storms etc.

Some people are just stooooooopid.
Yes but you are normal and sensible Tracy plus if something happened your lovelys doggies would lose their mummy.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

One of my passengers was pissed off because we were trapped at Hurley, WI, for an extra day and a half due to heavy "Lake-Effect" snow (see photo below). I had a prominent Ski Club, from Illinois, there for a few days.

We were in the Hotel Restauarant having a heated disscussion, when a State Trooper (who was having some Breakfast) intervened. "Do you have learning difficulties?" enquired the Trooper of the passenger. "The snow is upto the windows of the Coach..........he aint going anywhere, so get over it!"

The snow did indeed reach window level of the Coach, before it quit, allowing us to head back to Illinois.

The joys of having to deal with the travelling public is something to behold

Jim.
Attached Thumbnails Flight Delays!!-r-211-snowed-.jpg  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Pour yourself a drink, sit down and put your feet up girl.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
One of my passengers was pissed off because we were trapped at Hurley, WI, for an extra day and a half due to heavy "Lake-Effect" snow (see photo below). I had a prominent Ski Club, from Illinois, there for a few days.

We were in the Hotel Restauarant having a heated disscussion, when a State Trooper (who was having some Breakfast) intervened. "Do you have learning difficulties?" enquired the Trooper of the passenger. "The snow is upto the windows of the Coach..........he aint going anywhere, so get over it!"

The snow did indeed reach window level of the Coach, before it quit, allowing us to head back to Illinois.

The joys of having to deal with the travelling public is something to behold

Jim.
Better you than me.

I like the trooper's line though.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Pour yourself a drink, sit down and put your feet up girl.
Poppy, me, or both?

Actualyl, how about all of us...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:42 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

When I worked at Heathrow we were convinced there was a container by the road entrance where people coming into the airport deposited their brains.

The biggest idiot I came across asked me which terminal the Virgin flight to Tokyo went from. When I told him he said I was wrong and went to a different one. I found him wandering around sometime afterwards and he blamed me for him missing his flight.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Poppy, me, or both?

Poppy.

Actually I deleted Poppy's post I quoted 'cos she mentioned you and I didn't want you misunderstand me again...as in the car thread..
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Poppy.

Actually I deleted Poppy's post I quoted 'cos she mentioned you and I didn't want you misunderstand me again...as in the car thread..
lol I didn't... and the car thing is all good...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:55 pm

Poppy, me, or both?

Yes I need a bevy, stressing, as I need to get my act together leaving for the UK 1st thing monday morning and what have I done!!

NOTHING lol but shopping and more shopping
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad I don't fly passengers! Boxes don't complain I dunno how you guys cope with all that. It's bad enough doing 14+hr duty days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.