Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flew into Boston today..

Flew into Boston today..

Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flew into Boston today..

.. it kinda reminded me of England.. The weather, the greenery etc.. I LOVE IT...!!

Drove to Rhode Island.. and staying in Providence.. so far i'm really liking it! The people seem so 'real', well compared to California anyway...

Have to entertain myself for next few days.. so have found Mall.. and gonna see what historical things i can learn..! Ohhhh and then just spend my evenings getting suitably p!ssed in all the lovely bars around here... Happy days!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:20 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flew into Boston today..

Originally Posted by sambapink
.. it kinda reminded me of England.. The weather, the greenery etc.. I LOVE IT...!!

Drove to Rhode Island.. and staying in Providence.. so far i'm really liking it! The people seem so 'real', well compared to California anyway...

Have to entertain myself for next few days.. so have found Mall.. and gonna see what historical things i can learn..! Ohhhh and then just spend my evenings getting suitably p!ssed in all the lovely bars around here... Happy days!
Uh oh! Look who might be moving to New England. Yeah California is pretty fake. That's why I'm not out there. I prefer the stagnate religious beliefs of the Midwest. I kinda like being repressed.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Life on a H4 visa must suck.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Life on a H4 visa must suck.
I know not what you are saying... what is this H4 you speak of..
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:27 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to New England!.....there's a reason its called that you know.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
Awww.. I just love the 'feel' of it here.. would love to make it to Maine too.. maybe another time.. It's a real possibility that we could move here if I like it (and can convince the kids!) - So the next few days could be very telling..
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:30 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

That and those who landed weren't creative enough to come up with something else.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:31 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Awww.. I just love the 'feel' of it here.. would love to make it to Maine too.. maybe another time.. It's a real possibility that we could move here if I like it (and can convince the kids!) - So the next few days could be very telling..
I know exactly what you mean. I had 20 years in SoCal which represented a huge percentage of my life but I never once felt at home there. I do here.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ugacrew
That and those who landed weren't creative enough to come up with something else.
ummmmmmm.. Wash your mouth out misses!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:33 am
Riding on silver wings

ummmmmmm.. Wash your mouth out misses!
Okay! What do you suggest then. I've got Riesling or ice cold water in the fridge. I think I know what I'll go with.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I know exactly what you mean. I had 20 years in SoCal which represented a huge percentage of my life but I never once felt at home there. I do here.
Ah thats fab.. I can see why, whole different 'vibe' here.. and closer to home too! Still enjoying SoCal at the moment.. still got things to see and do, and not sick of the constant sunshine yet.. But it will never feel like home to me.. its too alien. I reckon the East Coast would be far more my cup of tea..
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:37 am
Riding on silver wings

Ah thats fab.. I can see why, whole different 'vibe' here.. and closer to home too! Still enjoying SoCal at the moment.. still got things to see and do, and not sick of the constant sunshine yet.. But it will never feel like home to me.. its too alien. I reckon the East Coast would be far more my cup of tea..
The east coast is where my heart is Samba. You are right there is a completely different vibe on the right coast. It seems more urgent and more connected with the rest of the world if that makes sense.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ugacrew
The east coast is where my heart is Samba. You are right there is a completely different vibe on the right coast. It seems more urgent and more connected with the rest of the world if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense.. I'm loving it!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:54 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was just me being weird
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:56 am
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I thought it was just me being weird

You should come on out and try it....bet you would like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.