Flapjacks

Old Dec 7th 2005, 6:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flapjacks

Originally Posted by Elvira
YEah right but where do U get the Golden Syrup??
It's easy enough to find, not cheap...but a good alternative would be either a thick maple syrup, or a light molasses...makes the bars look like poop though, but tastes good...and could always just use a thick honey...does a great job too
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:00 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wintersong
4oz light brown sugar, 6oz butter, 1 dessertspoon golden syrup all melted together in a saucepan. Stir in 6oz porridge oats and some almond essence. Bake at 150C (300F) for 40 mins in a lightly greased tin. Cool 10 mins and cut into bars.

Scrumptious (It's Delia's recipe - you can't go wrong with good old Delia!)

Excellent - used to make them as a kid, but I couldnt remember the formula.
The syrup is easy to find in Texas - I guess they like it
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:29 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Excellent - used to make them as a kid, but I couldnt remember the formula.
The syrup is easy to find in Texas - I guess they like it
At last - another use for my Golden Syrup (other than spreading it on toast of course) -

Was I the only one that used to have Golden Syrup Sandwishes as a kid ??????????????????

Thanks for the recipe.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
At last - another use for my Golden Syrup (other than spreading it on toast of course) -

Was I the only one that used to have Golden Syrup Sandwishes as a kid ??????????????????

Thanks for the recipe.
I used to have Golden Syrup butties.

My daughter's book report this month is to find a recipe, make it and take it in for the class. I have now decided she will be making flapjacks because I have all the ingredients in the cupboard and they are so easy to make. I used to make them with my Nan when I was little.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:07 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandpete
I used to have Golden Syrup butties.

My daughter's book report this month is to find a recipe, make it and take it in for the class. I have now decided she will be making flapjacks .
I thought for a minute you were going to give her Golden Syrup Sandwishes to take into class !
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I thought for a minute you were going to give her Golden Syrup Sandwishes to take into class !
sod the class...way to pricey for them
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:27 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same thing too!!!

Anyone ever had a hundreds n thousands sandwich? My next door neighbour in Australia used to make them for us when we were little! I remember loving them, but the thought of eating one now makes me wanna puke!!!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I was thinking the same thing too!!!

Anyone ever had a hundreds n thousands sandwich? My next door neighbour in Australia used to make them for us when we were little! I remember loving them, but the thought of eating one now makes me wanna puke!!!
No never had one of them, but sounds nice and crunchy Not as nice (or as crunchy) as a walkers cheese and onion crisp sarnie.

Annette
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
No never had one of them, but sounds nice and crunchy Not as nice (or as crunchy) as a walkers cheese and onion crisp sarnie.

Annette
Ahhhhh.. The heady and wonderful childhood days of opening a bag of crips and emptying the entire contents into a cheese sandwich.....

Those were the days.....
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Annette
Buttered bread with the contents of a packet of cheese and onion crisps?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
Buttered bread with the contents of a packet of cheese and onion crisps?

Buttered bread with cheese on it and then the contents of a packet of crips.
Although I do remember on occasion just emptying a packet of cheese and onion crisps onto buttered bread....
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:41 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Annette
Mmmmm, was never really into Cheese & Onion, but I loved Prawn Cocktail & Tomato Ketchup Walkers! They tasted nice in a cheese sandwich too. I wonder if Americans ever eat PROPER cheese & ketchup sandwiches? Actually, talking of proper cheese, we actually found some regular priced cheese that tastes pretty close to Cathedral City, we nearly cried! Sad isn't it?!?!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Buttered bread with cheese on it and then the contents of a packet of crips.
Although I do remember on occasion just emptying a packet of cheese and onion crisps onto buttered bread....
Crisp butties are excellent. I used to love Dairylea & GW cheese & onion crisp butties. My daughter insists on having crisp butties every day for lunch. I make her a sandwich, she eats the filling and then makes a crisp sandwich with the bread and butter.

My Mum used to make us butties with all sorts of things, banana butties, apple butties, syrup butties, honey butties. All made with Warburtons bread and real butter. I also used to make myself sugar butties .
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mandpete
Crisp butties are excellent. I used to love Dairylea & GW cheese & onion crisp butties. My daughter insists on having crisp butties every day for lunch. I make her a sandwich, she eats the filling and then makes a crisp sandwich with the bread and butter.

My Mum used to make us butties with all sorts of things, banana butties, apple butties, syrup butties, honey butties. All made with Warburtons bread and real butter. I also used to make myself sugar butties .
I miss decent Bacon Butties..... It's great to say that to someone and then watch their expression.... I'm slowly teaching my friends, family here and co-workers some proper words to liven up their vocabularies with.... Butties is one of them.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:07 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Crisp butties, bacon butties, fried egg sarnies, soss sarnies, even marmite on toast. All truly wonderful - but none surpass the feeling of a real chip* butty

* not fries, but big fat chips from the chippy

Oh and getting back on topic - I loved flapjacks at school, may have finally open the tin of Tate and Lyle Golden Syrup that's been languishing in the cupboard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.