Flapjacks

Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice
Default Flapjacks

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a yummy recipe for butter flapjacks?

My mum loves the Sainsbury's brand but since I live in California we can't buy them here. I have the main ingredients being butter, sugar, oats and golden syrup. I'm aware that there are plenty of recipe's on the web but it would be nice to try a recipe that someone is happy with.

Thanks ;-)
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:31 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flapjacks

Originally Posted by Caligirl4ever
Hello Everyone,

My mum loves the Sainsbury's brand but since I live in California we can't buy them here. I have the main ingredients being butter, sugar, oats and golden syrup. I'm aware that there are plenty of recipe's on the web but it would be nice to try a recipe that someone is happy with.

Thanks ;-)
4oz light brown sugar, 6oz butter, 1 dessertspoon golden syrup all melted together in a saucepan. Stir in 6oz porridge oats and some almond essence. Bake at 150C (300F) for 40 mins in a lightly greased tin. Cool 10 mins and cut into bars.

Scrumptious (It's Delia's recipe - you can't go wrong with good old Delia!)
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:40 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
4oz light brown sugar, 6oz butter, 1 dessertspoon golden syrup all melted together in a saucepan. Stir in 6oz porridge oats and some almond essence. Bake at 150C (300F) for 40 mins in a lightly greased tin. Cool 10 mins and cut into bars.

YEah right but where do U get the Golden Syrup??
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
From my cupboard

(Courtesy of the local English store. I wouldn't fancy trying it with American syrup - I think it would taste somewhat strange.)
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

I found it in a Krogers in Ohio. Haven't seen it in the Krogers here though.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:52 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by jamjar
I found it in a Krogers in Ohio. Haven't seen it in the Krogers here though.
The OP's in Ca anyway. There are loads of English stores here, so she shouldn't have a problem.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Thanks neighbor! I'll be sure to try this recipe.

Hugs,
Cali
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

The OP's in Ca anyway. There are loads of English stores here, so she shouldn't have a problem.

I remember years ago you could buy golden syrup at Albertsons! No more though, I had to order it on line. But I'm sure up in San Fran you could find it at the local English stores.

We always had golden syrup in our house as a kid and that was in Southern Calif in the mid 60's! My dad use to kid around and told us it was made from lion's tales because of the tin it came in...he he he ;-) Of course I believed him when I was little and until this day I still call golden syrup "lion tales".
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:12 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I remember years ago you could buy golden syrup at Albertsons! No more though, I had to order it on line. But I'm sure up in San Fran you could find it at the local English stores.

We always had golden syrup in our house as a kid and that was in Southern Calif in the mid 60's! My dad use to kid around and told us it was made from lion's tales because of the tin it came in...he he he ;-) Of course I believed him when I was little and until this day I still call golden syrup "lion tales".
I love the things you believe when you're a kid. My aunts told me and my brother that when we woke up with pins and needles it was because they'd snuck into our room in the middle of the night and stuck pins and needles in our feet. We swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Bitches

Have fun with the flapjacks and send some my way when you're done!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:19 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,

Thanks ;-)
Flapjacks spelled backwards is skcajpalf!

...im not really being much help here am i??
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

I love the things you believe when you're a kid. My aunts told me and my brother that when we woke up with pins and needles it was because they'd snuck into our room in the middle of the night and stuck pins and needles in our feet. We swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Bitches

Have fun with the flapjacks and send some my way when you're done!
Thanks for sharing, what a cute story!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CarlM
Flapjacks spelled backwards is skcajpalf!

...im not really being much help here am i??
Noooooo Carl you are not J/K!

Hmmmm and how would you pronounce that?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:25 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Skcajplaf of course!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:28 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Same as its spelled!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:57 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 tins at home for me porridge.....and no you can't have any!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.