Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

First Hand Info on Timeline for N-400 from Vermont

First Hand Info on Timeline for N-400 from Vermont

Old Mar 24th 2002, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Hand Info on Timeline for N-400 from Vermont

My girlfriends and I meet once every 4 weeks for dinner in each other's home on a rotating basis. Last night one of our Irish friends was able to join us for a night of girl talk, dinner and cards.

Ellen and her husband Pat became US citizens last year. The process took them a little over 2 years to complete from filing of the N-400 to swearing in at Brooklyn College. They initially entered the US 17 years ago under sponsorship by her sister. Their oldest son was already born and since Ellen and Pat did not become citizens under after he was over 18, their son has now applied for US citizenship.

The timeline has been speeded up quite a bit. Sean filed his N-400 in October, 2001 and has his interview next week. So they are now working on a six month timeline til interview instead of 2 years.

For us in New York who will be applying for citizenship in the next few months or like us, next year, this is great news.

Rita and Jim
Old Mar 25th 2002, 3:05 am
Iyer

Default Re: First Hand Info on Timeline for N-400 from Vermont

Filed N-400 November 2001, and not yet fingerprinted (do not even have a date for
fingerprinting). Should I be concerned?

How do I follow up? The number is always busy!

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > My girlfriends and I meet once every 4 weeks for dinner in each other's home on a
    > rotating basis. Last night one of our Irish friends was able to join us for a night
    > of girl talk, dinner and cards.
    >
    > Ellen and her husband Pat became US citizens last year. The process took them a
    > little over 2 years to complete from filing of the N-400 to swearing in at Brooklyn
    > College. They initially entered the US 17 years ago under sponsorship by her
    > sister. Their oldest son was already born and since Ellen and Pat did not become
    > citizens under after he was over 18, their son has now applied for US citizenship.
    >
    > The timeline has been speeded up quite a bit. Sean filed his N-400 in October, 2001
    > and has his interview next week. So they are now working on a six month timeline
    > til interview instead of 2 years.
    >
    > For us in New York who will be applying for citizenship in the next few months or
    > like us, next year, this is great news.
    >
    > Rita and Jim

Old Mar 25th 2002, 5:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Hand Info on Timeline for N-400 from Vermont

I don't know how you follow up on a N-400 or even if you can.

Why would you worry. It has only been a few months and the official timeline is 400 days. My recounting of a friend's son's experience with Vermont and NYC is an indication that times are speeding up but it by no means indicates that everyone is going to enjoy the same timeline.

Rita