British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fingerprints at immigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fingerprints-immigration-498384/)

Dewey Dec 6th 2007 9:07 pm

Fingerprints at immigration

The US-VISIT 10-Fingerprint Collection Program has come into force at Washington Dulles airport.

http://fpc.state.gov/fpc/96128.htm

They're going to be testing this at Boston, New York, San Francisco and a few other ports of entry next.

Has anyone flown into Dulles in the past few days? What were the lines like at immigration? Looking forward to getting citizenship when I become eligible to stop this buggering about.

Bob Dec 6th 2007 9:15 pm

Re: Fingerprints at immigration

when they were testing out the one print at Logon way back when, it was havoc at the queues :D

Dewey Dec 6th 2007 9:23 pm

"all visa waiver participants will go through a 10-print process the first time when they get to the port of entry."

They know how to make our friends and relatives welcome...@#$%'s

"after repeat customers to the United States have been registered with 10 fingerprints we'll start to see some facilitation in that we are actually reducing the amount of time for biometric collection on the subsequent trips."

How many bloody times do they need to take our fingerprints?

"We're going to test two different ways of doing this. There's going to be a three- slap process and a four-slap process. And we'll get these terms down. Left hand, right hand, two thumbs; and left hand, left thumb, right hand, right thumb. That's the four-step process."

This could have been taken from a 'yes minister' script!

I repeat, how many sodding times do they need to take a set of fingerprints?

JAJ Dec 6th 2007 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dewey (Post 5641130)
Has anyone flown into Dulles in the past few days? What were the lines like at immigration? Looking forward to getting citizenship when I become eligible to stop this buggering about.

I don't think green card holders get fingerprinted at port of entry.

jenniferpa Dec 6th 2007 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 5641332)
I don't think green card holders get fingerprinted at port of entry.

Well I never have been, but you never know.

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 6th 2007 11:45 pm

You do not, I went through Dulles a couple of weeks back, not nice but that was the luggage, they now have re-scanning which seems not up to the job, bags everwhere.

Our connection was late, so not a problem.

Seemed a long queue for the riff raff, USC line was quick.

Bob Dec 6th 2007 11:46 pm

I just think it's amusing that you've got to do biometric fingerprints at every stage you deal with them....I know it's because they don't have the data to store it all so they bin it, but wtf....hmmm...

catrocks Dec 7th 2007 12:35 pm

Maybe a random question.... I don't have my green card yet, but I was under the impression that when you enter the US with a green card you go through the US citizen/ resident lines rather than the visitor... but I'm getting the impression from some posters that it's not so? (maybe I'm just reading it wrong but just wondered really!)

jenniferpa Dec 7th 2007 12:49 pm

No, you've got it right - PRs go throught the same lines as USC

NC Penguin Dec 7th 2007 5:17 pm

Please post US immigration related questions in the appropriate US immigration related forums on BE.

I'm closing this thread.

NC Penguin

Bob Dec 7th 2007 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 5643985)
Please post US immigration related questions in the appropriate US immigration related forums on BE.

I'm closing this thread.

NC Penguin

This is a news thread rather than a question, hence me not either moving or closing the thread....oh well...