Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fingerprints for GC

Fingerprints for GC

Old May 15th 2006, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Default Fingerprints for GC

last Saturday I had to go to Tampa to have my fingerprints (all 10 fingers plus palm) taken for my GC. They told me that although I had my prints taken when I first applied for my AOS and Work Permit, they needed an up to date set of prints. Maybe it was a check to make sure my ID could be properly established or something.

I was the only Brit their except for a girl from Wales. She had been in the states 4 years she said, but was just getting through the GC procedures. I could'nt believe that she had been here 4 years and had'nt been asked to leave or got her GC yet. I thought you could only stay here 6 months before leaving or applying for residency.

Anyhow we shall see what happens now. I hope thats the last procedure I have to go through before getting my GC. Just praying I don't have to go through the removing conditions phase too. My 2nd anniversary is next week.

Old May 15th 2006, 1:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprints for GC

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

I was the only Brit their except for a girl from Wales. She had been in the states 4 years she said, but was just getting through the GC procedures. I could'nt believe that she had been here 4 years and had'nt been asked to leave or got her GC yet. I thought you could only stay here 6 months before leaving or applying for residency.
she could have been on any number of other visa's before being allowed / sponsored for AOS.
Old May 15th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
she could have been on any number of other visa's before being allowed / sponsored for AOS.
Like he said. There's many routes to getting a GC and for some, it can take many years before one becomes eligible.
Old May 15th 2006, 2:12 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Like he said. There's many routes to getting a GC and for some, it can take many years before one becomes eligible.
Ain't that the f**king truth!!!!....
Old May 15th 2006, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

If you're on an L1-A for example, you can stay here for 7 years altogether, and if you apply for your GC right before the end of the 7th year, you will have another year or so to wait.

Or if you're on L1-B or H1-B, and have to go through Labor Certification, you're looking at a 5 year stretch from the time you start the GC process.

I know of a couple, neighbors of friends, who took 14 years in total to get their GC.
Old May 15th 2006, 3:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

fingerprints are only kept for limited time, 12 or 15 months, can't remember, after that, there deleted and you have to have them done again and have them re-verified...
Old May 15th 2006, 7:42 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, your fingerprints change, or at least they fade, mine are almost non existent! Actually the guy taking my fingerprints a year ago asked me what I did for a living, cuz they were so worn away! (I wash my hands...ALOT!)
Old May 15th 2006, 7:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
... Actually the guy taking my fingerprints a year ago asked me what I did for a living, cuz they were so worn away! (I wash my hands...ALOT!)
The fact that our middle name is Macbeth may explain a lot!!...