Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting location screw up! Advice needed!

Fingerprinting location screw up! Advice needed!

Old Jul 29th 2002, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default Fingerprinting location screw up! Advice needed!

Hey all,
Well, I got my fingerprinting appointment in the mail. I live in Dallas....the fingerprinting appointment is in Lubbock, TX!!!! 350 odd miles away! Basically the letter said please show up at one of these 4 locations (Dallas, Dallas, Ft Worth, or Lubbock). But then the Lubbock location had been circled by hand. Anyone have any experience of this...should I just go to the one nearest me, or bite the bullet and drive to Lubbock?
One thing, the letter was sent to my old address in Springtown (about 65 miles west of Dallas and only 285 east of Lubbock). I'm trying to figure out if the circle means [mistakenly] "this is the one closest to you", or "you must go specifically to this one".
Any advice from anyone who has had anything like this happen would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

-Harry
Old Jul 29th 2002, 11:20 pm
Mdudall

Default Re: Fingerprinting location screw up! Advice needed!

I once had a fingerprint appointment letter show up for one of my clients in San
Francisco, however the letter indicated that they needed to have the fingerprints
done in Berkeley (if I'm remembering correctly). Like your notice, all of the various
application support centers in that geographic local were listed, and the Berkeley
location was circled or check marked by hand.

I called the San Francisco INS office and spoke to an officer in adjudications. He
pulled the file and cleared it so the client could instead go to the application
support center closest to him or her (again, its been a long time and I don't have
that file in front of me).

Contact them (or if you have an immigration attorney, have your attorney contact them
for you) about "your" fingerprinting location question and see what they say.

Good luck with your case.

Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney