Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting Experience (maybe relevant)

Fingerprinting Experience (maybe relevant)

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 88
gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default Fingerprinting Experience (maybe relevant)

Hey Guys-

I am not sure if this is too relevant for you, but wanted to share anyway. I went to Boston this morning for my fingerprinting.
It was mostly a straightforward process. Got there around 8:00 a.m. There was already a long line. Stopped at the Au Bon Pain and got a coffee. Waited in line and got in about 8:20. They wanted to see some INS issued ID (Work Authorization). Note that they do not accept Drivers Licenses, though the letter says that they will. Additionally, they wanted the letter as well.
I was then given an information sheet to fill out. I filled it out and waited in line again, to get a number. I received a number at around 9:10 and then had to go to the back and wait a while. The counter hardly moved and then would go up in batches of 5-6. I was called in at about 9:40, and waited in a shorter line. Then, they took me to the fingerprinting machines in the back room and waited again.

There seem to be junior people that then make you apply corn husk oil on your hands (strong nasty stuff) and then place your whole hand and each finger individually on the electronic machine. Then, when the process is done (the machine complaints about ridge breaks or passes a print), the supervisor dropped by and approved the prints. I mentioned to him that my interview was next Wednesday (Knock on Wood) and asked him how long it would take to send results. He said about a day since it is all done electronically. They would send results back to Vermont Service Center by tomorrow. Then, he gave me the receipt, asked me to double check my typed information on their system. Make sure you look at it carefully, since they had my name misspelt. Then, right around 10.00, they said I was all set.

The big mistake I made was to drink that coffee since there do not seem to be any restrooms and I had to pee really badly...

Hope this helps.

-- Gaude
gaude is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.