Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finger printing.

Finger printing.

Old Jan 19th 2002, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Sunny Baig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I went for Finger Printing for N400 yesterday at Van Nuys office in Los Angeles. In this office they have Electronic Finger printing as well as on the FBI approved cards.

My finger prints were taken on the Card. I asked the INS officer is the Electornic finger printing is faster and goes to FBI right away? She said no matter what method but it will take the same time.

Can anybody tell me please what is the difference between both methods and usually how long it takes INS to get the results.

Thnaks
Sunny
Old Jan 19th 2002, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Jachos is an unknown quantity at this point

If the fingerprints are submitted electronically
to FBI, they are usually processed the same day
and sent back to INS.

I wonder why they did it on fingerprint cards.
It would be anybody's guess that this would
definitely be slower than electronic transfer.
You can call FBI in a few days at 304-625-5590
and check the status.
Old Jan 19th 2002, 6:15 pm
Riri

I had the same experience in Santa Rosa ,Ca. I was fingerprinted on cards and my
fingerprints were lost. That day the Electronic machine was not working. The lady
told me that all the cards go back to the CSC in Laguna Niguel, they are put on a
film and THEN sent to the FBI for check. Making the story short my application was
denied because they couldn't find the fingerprints on card, my case was later reopen,
my fingerprints retaken but this time electronically and they were cleared on the
same day ( I called the FBI).

In the whole process I lost 1 year!

So I highly doubt that it takes the same time!!! I hope you won't have the troubles I
went through!

Good Luck! R

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 26th 2002, 6:11 am
Riyadh Mamedov

Is it true that FBI clears fingerprints in one day? I was told that they will forward
my fingerprints to my home country for criminal history checkup. That might take
weeks, or even months...

RM

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
find
    >
but
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I went for Finger Printing for N400 yesterday at Van Nuys office in Los Angeles.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > In this office they have Electronic Finger printing as well as on the FBI[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > approved cards.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My finger prints were taken on the Card. I asked the INS officer is the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Electornic finger printing is faster and goes to FBI right away? She said no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > matter what method but it will take the same time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Can anybody tell me please what is the difference between both methods and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > usually how long it takes INS to get the results.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thnaks Sunny[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 26th 2002, 5:44 pm
Riri

I don't think so. The fingerprints are "compared" to the ones the FBI has on file
already. Mine were cleared on the same day. I know it because I called the FBI and
they told me the date they cleared them.

R

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I had the same experience in Santa Rosa ,Ca. I was fingerprinted on cards and my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > fingerprints were lost. That day the Electronic machine was not working. The lady[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > told me that all the cards go back to the CSC in Laguna Niguel, they are put on a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > film and THEN sent to the FBI for check. Making the story short my application[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > was denied because they couldn't[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the fingerprints on card, my case was later reopen, my fingerprints retaken[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > this time electronically and they were cleared on the same day ( I called the[/usenetquote2]
FBI).
[usenetquote2]> > In the whole process I lost 1 year![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So I highly doubt that it takes the same time!!! I hope you won't have the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > troubles I went through![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Good Luck! R[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I went for Finger Printing for N400 yesterday at Van Nuys office in[/usenetquote2]
Los
[usenetquote2]> > > Angeles. In this office they have Electronic Finger printing as well[/usenetquote2]
as
[usenetquote2]> > > on the FBI approved cards.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > My finger prints were taken on the Card. I asked the INS officer is[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > > Electornic finger printing is faster and goes to FBI right away? She said no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > matter what method but it will take the same time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Can anybody tell me please what is the difference between both methods and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > usually how long it takes INS to get the results.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thnaks Sunny[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 29th 2002, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Guess what! I called the FBI today and they informed me that on January 28,2002 they have already send my results electronically to INS. (So it only took 10 days for my backgroud check).
I was surprised to know that they process so quickly. This proves that the processing time for the finger prints at FBI has been reduced greatly.
Now I am waiting for my interview. pry for me! Thanks!
Old Jan 29th 2002, 9:02 pm
Sunny Baig

Guess what! I called the FBI today and they informed me that on January 28,2002 they
have already send my results electronically to INS. (So it only took 10 days for my
backgroud check). I was surprised to know that they process so quickly. This proves
that the processing time for the finger prints at FBI has been reduced greatly. Now I
am waiting for my interview. pry for me! Thanks!

--

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 9:45 pm
Mr

Hello,

Would you please let me know the FBI phone number I should call in order to verify
mine as well?

Thanks, Mario

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Feb 4th 2002, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Here is the FBI number 304-625-5590 hit 4.

Good Luck!