British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The fine hand of Osama? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fine-hand-osama-343717/)

CaliforniaGroom Dec 20th 2005 2:05 pm

The fine hand of Osama?

Thieves have boosted a Henry Moore statue weighing 4600 pounds from a field near Perry Green. The instantly recognizable statue is going to be hard to hide.

Personally, I think it's the work of Osama bin Laden. He's going to carry it with him on his travels. Our intelligence agencies will never notice.

TruBrit Dec 20th 2005 2:12 pm

Re: The fine hand of Osama?

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGroom
He's going to carry it with him on his travels. Our intelligence agencies will never notice.

:D :D :D :D

Rushman Dec 21st 2005 12:06 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGroom
Thieves have boosted a Henry Moore statue weighing 4600 pounds from a field near Perry Green. The instantly recognizable statue is going to be hard to hide.

Excuse my ignorance but who the f**k is Henry Moore?

CaliforniaBride Dec 21st 2005 12:43 am

Originally Posted by rushman

Not knowing who he is maybe one thing but not smart enough to google him? That's plain stupidity. :eek:

Ray Dec 21st 2005 2:43 am

I think he was Bobby Moore's brother ...

Rushman Dec 22nd 2005 12:47 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Not knowing who he is maybe one thing but not smart enough to google him? That's plain stupidity. :eek:

Replying to point out someone should've googled is one thing but not googling in the reply to be a smart arse is plain stupidity.

Just like you I couldn't be arsed.

CaliforniaBride Dec 22nd 2005 1:26 am

Just like you I couldn't be arsed.

Unlike you I didn't need to.

Rushman Dec 22nd 2005 1:37 am

Unlike you I didn't need to.

So you know of Henry Moore, I'm happy that it makes you feel somehow superior over me that you know a human being that I don't.

I did think of mentioning someone that you wouldn't know and then get smug..but it was beneath me. ;)

Rushman Dec 22nd 2005 1:40 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ray
I think he was Bobby Moore's brother ...

Don't be ridiculous...that was Patrick

Partystar Dec 22nd 2005 3:22 pm

Don't be ridiculous...that was Patrick

I remember him from Games Master, or whatever it was called!

Rushman Dec 22nd 2005 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
I remember him from Games Master, or whatever it was called!

Typical woman. Remembering him from a daft kid's computer show when he did "The sky at night" since Mars was a pebble. The mans a legend in his own lunchtime.

Partystar Dec 22nd 2005 5:12 pm

Typical woman. Remembering him from a daft kid's computer show when he did "The sky at night" since Mars was a pebble. The mans a legend in his own lunchtime.

I only remember him from a kids TV programme because my brother was the favourite & got his way with the TV all the time & we only had one TV, so we were forced to watch it. (I'm only 23 years old, so I haven't been around long enough to remember when Mars was a pebble!!!)

CaliforniaBride Dec 22nd 2005 5:57 pm

So you know of Patrick Moore, I'm happy that it makes you feel somehow superior over Partystar that you know a human being that she doesn’t.

Partystar Dec 22nd 2005 6:05 pm

So you know of Patrick Moore, I'm happy that it makes you feel somehow superior over Partystar that you know a human being that she doesn’t.

But I do know him!

CaliforniaBride Dec 22nd 2005 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
But I do know him!

I was misquoting rushman's pissy post from earlier in the thread. Don't worry about.