Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finding a reliable moving company, in NY?

Wikiposts

Finding a reliable moving company, in NY?

Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding a reliable moving company, in NY?

Now, there's a challenge. I read or saw, (Somewhere) that NY BBB & NYC AG's office gets more complaints about "Moving Companies", then any other business's.
Any one use FlatRate Moving?
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a reliable moving company, in NY?

I dunno about around the city but upstate Mayflower seem to be the most used and reliable.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I dunno about around the city but upstate Mayflower seem to be the most used and reliable.
Thanks Patrick. Mayflower, is one of the bigger older companies, we see the trucks out on the highways. The problem in NYC seems to be, that even though you contract with say Mayflower, the truck that arrives is from another local moving company. They contract out to a local firm.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Thanks Patrick. Mayflower, is one of the bigger older companies, we see the trucks out on the highways. The problem in NYC seems to be, that even though you contract with say Mayflower, the truck that arrives is from another local moving company. They contract out to a local firm.
Reg. Frank R.
One of the downfalls of the age when everything seems to be subcontracted.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
One of the downfalls of the age when everything seems to be subcontracted.
I totally agree. The big problem seems to be that Company "A", charges $5,000, pays company "B" $3500 to do the job. Trouble is company "B", is pissed that they did not get all the money & or feels under paid.
Next problem, who do you complain to.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree. The big problem seems to be that Company "A", charges $5,000, pays company "B" $3500 to do the job. Trouble is company "B", is pissed that they did not get all the money & or feels under paid.
Next problem, who do you complain to.
Reg. Frank R.
Moving out of the Big Apple Frank?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi Jersey. Yes sir e Bob. Or your case Yes misee Babs.
Real scorcher in NYC today.
reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey. Yes sir e Bob. Or your case Yes misee Babs.
Real scorcher in NYC today.
reg. Frank R.
So.................where ya goin'. Although I love NYC, after a few hours of all that noise, trafffic, crowds etc. I can't wait to get back home. The weather's been great, pity its going to rain Sunday.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry I forgot to ask, did you have a good road trip. Has the decision been made?

OMG I've just had a thought, you're not moving to Ohio are you?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Now, there's a challenge. I read or saw, (Somewhere) that NY BBB & NYC AG's office gets more complaints about "Moving Companies", then any other business's.
Any one use FlatRate Moving?
Reg. Frank R.
If it's listed on the blacklist of this site, don't use them: www.movingscam.com

A lot of other helpful info, too.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:08 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Reg. Frank R.

I've watched this program on TV a few times which is about moving day for family's (I think that it's called Moving Day!). They all seem to live in the Jersey/NYC/Mass areas (all the episodes I've seen anyway). The moving company is always 'Gentle Giants'. They are supposed to be renowned for taking extra special care of your belongings.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

If you live here, its a rotten apple.
Frank R.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

So.................where ya goin'. Although I love NYC, after a few hours of all that noise, trafffic, crowds etc. I can't wait to get back home. The weather's been great, pity its going to rain Sunday.
To dirty & noisy. Coldish today. High 60f & high winds.
Reg.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry I forgot to ask, did you have a good road trip. Has the decision been made?

OMG I've just had a thought, you're not moving to Ohio are you?
NO, way to Nth.
Reg.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:58 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

$10 an hour, ask for Del or Rodney.....cushty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.