Wikiposts

Finances

Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:17 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finances

It won't - fairly obviously I was referring to that income should it be continuing once they have made the move.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by courtneyandsam
Thanks everyone for your time.... I think this is all answered at the minute, but might be back at some point before the interview for more q's or clarifications. I would be lost without all of you.......
Just putting my opinion in the mix, after reading the thread. I would first show income, in the form of the house rental, since that will continue from the same source once you are inside the USA. That makes income $10,500, as you said.

For a household of two, you'd need to show $19,387 in income, so you are lacking $8,887 in annual income.

This can be made up for by assets, which you have in the form of savings in the bank. Assets need to be 3x what is lacking in income, so for you that would be $26,661. You have more than enough in savings to cover this figure, so you should be good to go by showing the combination of income (from rental property) plus assets (cash in the bank) on the I-864.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

courtneyandsam is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a job letter offer (pending visa) with a salary on it, can that go towards the x3 poverty amount?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:23 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

No, since a job offer can be withdrawn.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

More to the point, since the FAM says specifically that an offer of a job is not to be considered.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by civilservant
No, since a job offer can be withdrawn.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

My parents have a family business and the letter would be from my dad offering husband a job upon arrival,
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a job letter offer (pending visa) with a salary on it, can that go towards the x3 poverty amount?
No. First of all, future income can't be used on an I-864. Secondly, even if it could, it would go towards fulfilling the income requirement, not the "3x poverty amount" (which is assets).

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:27 am

My parents have a family business and the letter would be from my dad offering husband a job upon arrival,
No. Future income can't be used, period.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No. First of all, future income can't be used on an I-864. Secondly, even if it could, it would go towards fulfilling the income requirement, not the "3x poverty amount" (which is assets).

Rene
Thanks, thats what i thought! the husband was disagreeing. i won haha
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Just putting my opinion in the mix, after reading the thread. I would first show income, in the form of the house rental, since that will continue from the same source once you are inside the USA. That makes income $10,500, as you said.

For a household of two, you'd need to show $19,387 in income, so you are lacking $8,887 in annual income.

This can be made up for by assets, which you have in the form of savings in the bank. Assets need to be 3x what is lacking in income, so for you that would be $26,661. You have more than enough in savings to cover this figure, so you should be good to go by showing the combination of income (from rental property) plus assets (cash in the bank) on the I-864.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

So what?

Regards, JEff
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
So what?

Regards, JEff
sorry, just thought that would make it more valid - not just a random job offer
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Rene
HI Noorah - thank you for your reply.

I have just looked at your reply, and I would like to see if we can talk about it a little more.

As you said, the 10,500 can be used as our income, so we would have to make up the difference in assets.

Therefore, we would fill in the i864 without the need of a 2nd sponsor, as we will have enough?

if we go about it this way, we can print our last 12 months bank statements and highlight the incoming rent amount. then we can show our savings account which will have UK 24,000 pounds.

How will we fill out the forms to how this, and how come you were the only one to pick up on going about it this way!!!

thanks in advance for your time
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:07 am

Therefore, we would fill in the i864 without the need of a 2nd sponsor, as we will have enough?
The correct verbiage is "I would fill in the I-864 without the need of a joint sponsor", but yes, that's the way it seems to me.

if we go about it this way, we can print our last 12 months bank statements and highlight the incoming rent amount. then we can show our savings account which will have UK 24,000 pounds.
In addition to the above, I would also include a copy of the rental agreement.

How will we fill out the forms to how this
Just fill out the I-864 accordingly, showing income in the appropriate place, and assets in the appropriate place.

and how come you were the only one to pick up on going about it this way!!!
I don't think I was the only one, perhaps I used real life numbers which made more sense to you, instead of being abstract.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

When filling out the i864, As the sponsor, I has been living and working in the UK for 2 years,
a. I do not have any recent federal tax returns as i have been in the UK on a 2 year visa - is that acceptable?
b. I left my full time job End of Aug due to relocation, and now I am a temp until my visa expires Nov 30th. When filling out my income and employment info, my 'current individual annual income is very low right now as a result of this. since we are also home owners getting money from renting our house every month, is that also my occupation ie self employed/property management?
c. i know this was touched on earlier, but to clarify. in the use of assets section, it asks for my balance of savings, my real estate holdings, etc, then separately the sponsored savings, house, etc. We have a joint bank account so should the total go on my side, and leave N/A on his? Also, the house is in his name, should that go on his side, and leave mine N/A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.