Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally... We're off!

Finally... We're off!

Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

robnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to all
Default Finally... We're off!

Hi all...

Well, it's been a battle... The housing market has gone belly up... exchange rates have suffered... But we finally have a definitive plan of action!

I booked flights for me and my good lady last month, for just a two week trip in order to get my visa "validated", then I was going to come back to the UK to sort out our house for letting (selling it is now totally not viable as the market has now pushed our selling price well into negative equity). We were then going to be back in the US by January for good once we had tennants and everything set up.

I will however now be going in November, and staying!

We have two new lasses working in our office... who have moved to Aylesbury for the job. They currently have bedsits and are looking for a better place to share... They heard of my impending move and they want to rent our house... So we have the tennants lined up, and as I am confident they will be good tennants.

All I need to do now is get my mortgage company to agree to allow me to let the house (which after a quick chat with them they seem quite willing), then pack my stuff... and I'm off. Finally!

I guess the next thread I start here will be all about my shiny new life in the US...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally... We're off!

Congrats, sounds like things well and truly sorted themselves out.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:24 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally... We're off!

Nice one!!! Congrats