British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Finally! Visa Interview!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/finally-visa-interview-407867/)

andie&jase Nov 13th 2006 4:31 pm

Finally! Visa Interview!!

I'm nearly there guys! I've been a bit quiet lately cos I'm up the wall with estate agents and the embassy and work etc etc.

I'm really nervous, but I'm going to do a bit of shopping down Oxford Street, then I have booked myself into the Marble Arch Thistle tomorrow night (Tuesday) so I'll pamper myself a little, so I've got a few things to keep me occupied. Then it's up early and over to the embassy for 9:30am on Wednesday......for my 3 hour wait! hehe

Any Karma coming my way would be much appreciated!

Wish me luck!!!
Andie :D

Irn-bru Nov 13th 2006 4:34 pm

Re: Finally! Visa Interview!!

Originally Posted by andie&jase
I'm nearly there guys! I've been a bit quiet lately cos I'm up the wall with estate agents and the embassy and work etc etc.

I'm really nervous, but I'm going to do a bit of shopping down Oxford Street, then I have booked myself into the Marble Arch Thistle tomorrow night (Tuesday) so I'll pamper myself a little, so I've got a few things to keep me occupied. Then it's up early and over to the embassy for 9:30am on Wednesday......for my 3 hour wait! hehe

Any Karma coming my way would be much appreciated!

Wish me luck!!!
Andie :D

Congrats. I stayed in the same hotel as you before my interview as well. Though if it's a 3 hr wait you're lucky we were still there at closing :eek:

andie&jase Nov 13th 2006 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Congrats. I stayed in the same hotel as you before my interview as well. Though if it's a 3 hr wait you're lucky we were still there at closing :eek:

Don't tell me things like that, I've booked my return train for 4:17pm!!!

Anyway, I'll just turn on the charm and flutter my eye lashes at a few of them, and maybe get bumped up the line a little ;) hehe

So how long ago was it that you had your interview?

Bob Nov 13th 2006 4:39 pm

good luck with the interview :)

Irn-bru Nov 13th 2006 4:42 pm

Don't tell me things like that, I've booked my return train for 4:17pm!!!

Anyway, I'll just turn on the charm and flutter my eye lashes at a few of them, and maybe get bumped up the line a little ;) hehe

So how long ago was it that you had your interview?

about a year and a half ago. Don't worry we were told to get the 9.30am slots if we could (as you are moved through faster as less people there). None left so we came about 11am with the throngs of others.

andie&jase Nov 13th 2006 4:47 pm

about a year and a half ago. Don't worry we were told to get the 9.30am slots if we could (as you are moved through faster as less people there). None left so we came about 11am with the throngs of others.

Oh right. My appointment is 10am, but they said to get there no earlier than 30 mins beforehand. Knowing my luck I'll be done and dusted in 10 minutes or something stupid like that, and be rattling round London for 6 hours!

Better to have too much time than not enough, but not good for the credit card bill! hehe

andie&jase Nov 13th 2006 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
good luck with the interview :)

Cheers Bob :)

bettyboop80 Nov 13th 2006 4:51 pm

Cheers Bob :)

good luck...mine was 6 years ago now but i was in and out within an hour. they barely asked me anything. I was already in america at the time and had to fly back for it, seemed like such a waste of time!!

Partystar Nov 13th 2006 4:51 pm

Good luck Andie!

Steph & I went out this weekend & we were wondering how things were going with you & then I see this post, glad things are moving along nicely. Hopefully we'll see you here soon!

Sending you some karma! :)

Irn-bru Nov 13th 2006 4:51 pm

Knowing my luck I'll be done and dusted in 10 minutes or something stupid like that, and be rattling round London for 6 hours!

:eek: :D sorry don't think so but no harm in wishful thinking :) All I remember it was so busy there were no chairs left and I was sitting on a hard floor, also it was very warm in there. And if you have a book bring it - it must have been one of my most boring days ever!
But the excitement of getting away from it all and starting a new life here kept me going :)

andie&jase Nov 13th 2006 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Good luck Andie!

Steph & I went out this weekend & we were wondering how things were going with you & then I see this post, glad things are moving along nicely. Hopefully we'll see you here soon!

Sending you some karma! :)

Ahhh cheers mate! Can't wait to see you again and go for a proper girls night out! :beer:

Irn-bru Nov 13th 2006 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
good luck...mine was 6 years ago now but i was in and out within an hour. they barely asked me anything. I was already in america at the time and had to fly back for it, seemed like such a waste of time!!

Thought this was for the 1st interview/background checks for an H1b/L visa etc. But if an extension type interview etc did hear you could get in and out quite quickly (maybe cause they don't have to do the background checks on you again?)
Anyway does seem a waste of time doesn't it :D

Elvira Nov 13th 2006 5:03 pm

Oh right. My appointment is 10am, but they said to get there no earlier than 30 mins beforehand. Knowing my luck I'll be done and dusted in 10 minutes or something stupid like that, and be rattling round London for 6 hours!

Better to have too much time than not enough, but not good for the credit card bill! hehe

"Rattling around London for 6 hours"??? :rolleyes:

Make the most of it - you'll soon miss it... ;)

Irn-bru Nov 13th 2006 5:13 pm

If you have time in London, make sure you go to Fortnums' (no other reason than I like it!) and remember to bring your xmas pudding with you. If fussy with xmas crackers bring them as well (I did :o ) as the only place I've found here that sells them is world market.

Jerseygirl Nov 13th 2006 5:17 pm

If you have time in London, make sure you go to Fortnums' (no other reason than I like it!) and remember to bring your xmas pudding with you. If fussy with xmas crackers bring them as well (I did :o ) as the only place I've found here that sells them is world market.

Costco sell luxury crackers...they're only around for about 2 weeks...buy them as soon as you see them.