British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Finally... interview date at London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/finally-interview-date-london-104996/)

smldnabjp Jun 15th 2001 1:17 pm

Well my fiance finally recieved packet #4 and it looks like he will be having his interview the day after he wanted to leave... I don't know the exact date but I think it's the 6th of July. Finally, thank goodness. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Ellie Jun 16th 2001 8:48 am

Congrats to you and best wishes to your fiance for the Interview!!

Could you please tell me when you were approved and how long it took from returning
Pack#3 to your fiance receiving the interview date? Still waiting patiently(??) here
for the interview to be scheduled. Approved on 15 May. Thank you so much.

smldnabjp Jun 16th 2001 11:22 am

We returned packet 3 about three to weeks ago probably around May 21 to 25 (didn't write down the exact dates)

Time line:
Feb 17: sent I129F to VSC
Feb 23 1st noa
Feb 28 2nd noa
packet three returned around May 21 to 25
interview date july 6

Some of the delay in getting the papers back to the consulate is due to the fact my fiance was here for 3 weeks and was waiting on the police certificate. After returning the packet three it took three to four weeks to get packet 4. and the interview date was 3 weeks later. We had hoped to get our interview before then, but it didn't happen. I think things would have gone faster if we had the police certificate sooner,

Ruth Malcolm Jun 16th 2001 1:20 pm

Well done! My application was filed on February 9th, and still I wait for an
interview date from London.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

PriZm Jun 16th 2001 1:45 pm

I am applying for a different visa from the rest of the people in this thread I think (IR-1) actually. But I sent off the OF-169 document checklist on the 8th June, so I'm really not expecting an interview date until late July maybe even August?.

The first part of my application was fast though =)

Filed (DCF London) I-130: 1st May 2001
Filed OF-230 pt 1: 2nd May
Notice of Approval: 17th May 2001
Recieved Packet 3: 25th May 2001
Posted OF-169: 8th June 2001

Police cert took a little under four weeks to obtain.

James.

Ellie Jun 16th 2001 7:02 pm

smldnabjp <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Many thanks for the info. I had requested that London forward the Pack#3 before we
were actually approved. I duely completed all the forms and returned them on 25th
May. We were officially approved May 15 by TSC and they forwarded the papers to
London within 3wks. London sent out another Pack#3. I called them and said i had
already completed and returned these, however they had no record of this on their
computer. i therefore completed the second set of paperwork they'd sent, and mailed
these off on 6th June. The person I talk with last week said that it was taking
approx. 3wks to get the computer data updated, so hopefully they'll go by the first
Pack #3 i completed and i'll receive a notice of my interview soon.
Hopefully.......:)