Reload this Page >

Finally filed at Miami office

Finally filed at Miami office

Old Jun 8th 2002, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

crashcringle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally filed at Miami office

Hi all,

Well, we finally did it. Everything went smoothly...except for the waiting time. Here's what we went through.

We arrived at 6:30am and stood in the wrong line. Main entrance is only for ppl with interview letters. We realized that after we got to the front and the security guy told us that we should go to the back of the building (where it says "Information"). So we went and waited for a couple of hours before a guy gives us our number.
When we finally got in, we saw that we have about 39 more numbers to go before it's our turn, thought it shouldn't be that long. Were we wrong...we waited for hours and finally at around 2:30pm, our number was called. Went up to the desk and the lady ask for all our documents so we just handed her the whole folder. She asked us to have a sit while she took care of our paperwork. I had 5 ADIT photos and one of my husband. She only took 2 of mine and the one of my husband (we applied for I-130, I-485, and I-765). She didn't ask any questions or anything and ask us to go to the side to pay.
When we went up to the window, I asked the cashier about the photos. He said that he'll put it in the file for me if I wanted to, so I gave the remaining 3 to him. He handed us a set of paperwork which contains the receipts as well as the interview dates. We had expected a dinky piece of paper like one you'd get from grocery stores...hehe...and we were totally surprised that we'd have the dates for fingerprinting (Aug. 23), EAD (Aug.27), and AOS interview (Feb. 7 '03) together with the receipts.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was not as bad as we'd thought, except for the waiting time...at least that part is done and over with.
Thanks to those ppl that had helped us with our many questions We truly appreciate it