Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally - EAD showed up

Finally - EAD showed up

Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:55 am
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Finally - EAD showed up

At long last my EAD has arrived! I applied last year in September shortly after we first arrived here. Before we left we had already arranged a trip back to 'tie up some loose ends' which time had not permitted between getting the L1/L2 and actually leaving, so we went back to Europe at the end of October.

Soon after I returned here in early November there was a request from the USCIS people asking for more copies of mine and OH's passport and visa pages. They received this information in mid November, and it then takes an average of 90 days to process the EAD for an L2. I suspect that leaving the US had upset the EAD application process, which may explain why it has taken so flippin' long. I was told by an employment consultant that 4-6 weeks was a normal expected timeline!

I now have to get off my backside and go find work. Play time is over.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:10 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finally - EAD showed up

Today I received the letter telling me that my application was successful. The on-line status still shows it as being under consideration...!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

fashionista will become famous soon enoughfashionista will become famous soon enough

Why do you think that leaving the US upset the application process? What you've described is exactly what I plan to do - enter the US on my L2 visa, apply for my EAD and then come back to the UK for a month to finish sorting stuff out. Now I'm wondering if that will actually introduce unnecessary complexity!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:04 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

Originally Posted by fashionista
Why do you think that leaving the US upset the application process? What you've described is exactly what I plan to do - enter the US on my L2 visa, apply for my EAD and then come back to the UK for a month to finish sorting stuff out. Now I'm wondering if that will actually introduce unnecessary complexity!
It just seems like a bit too much of a coincidence - I left the US on the 16th October, and a letter dated 19th October was waiting for me when I returned requesting further copies of out passport and visa pages - things they had already received. It might just be a coincidence, because for all other issues I have not found the USCIS to be particularly fast acting, but I am suspicious that my leaving triggered some automatic stop on the application.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

I was asked for extra information - copies of both mine & my H's I94s (which I'm sure they already had) and our marriage certificate. I haven't left the country at all, but now you come to mention it, my H travelled to Europe the week I got the request (hmmm...). However, I sent them the copies I already had scanned in, and it did the job, and my EAD was approved about a week later.
At the time of asking for further info, they were already over the expected 90 days.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Was it also a full moon in the 3rd quarter of Chiron?

Cause that'll do it every time.

Carry on!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Was it also a full moon in the 3rd quarter of Chiron?
Well now you mention that.....