Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Final "P" Debate ...

Final "P" Debate ...

Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:38 am
Franklin

Default Final "P" Debate ...

How did it go? Even, not even. Outright loser - if so which one. Outright winner ... again which one. Did Kerry or Bush strike a cord or two? How say you ...

... I can't say, didn't see the debate. I think the debates are a load of non-newtonian bulk material ... if you get my drift ...

Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:47 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final "P" Debate ...

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
How did it go? Even, not even. Outright loser - if so which one. Outright winner ... again which one. Did Kerry or Bush strike a cord or two? How say you ...

... I can't say, didn't see the debate. I think the debates are a load of non-newtonian bulk material ... if you get my drift ...
Kerry won again, not by much.
They pretty much re-hashed the crap served up in the first 2 debates.

Listened with interest to the immigration question.
neither provided an adequate answer.

Bush - temporary work permit cards
Kerry - Amnesty for long standing law abiding illegal aliens

both bullshit answers.

Apparently The USA has to import flu vaccine shots in from England? (And he said England, not the UK.) which were contaminated.
I swore at the TV at that one.

In reference to John Kerry's answer about a level playing field for Boeing and that Airbus received EU government grants.
Absolutely not so. The EU has provided loans to Airbus which need paying back. If the A380 fails, to sell then Airbus will go bankrupt.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Kerry won again, not by much.
They pretty much re-hashed the crap served up in the first 2 debates.
I didn't watch the previous two Presidential debates in full but I saw tonight's final debate pretty much to the end.

Bush - temporary work permit cards
Kerry - Amnesty for long standing law abiding illegal aliens

both bullshit answers.
I listened carefully to how the two candidates handled the question on immigration. I was not satisfied with either of the candidates responses. No really solutions were voiced.

Apparently The USA has to import flu vaccine shots in from England? (And he said England, not the UK.) which were contaminated.
I swore at the TV at that one.
Yes. Bush gave the impression that the UK was trying to sell the US contaminated flu vaccine that the US turned down. I would be surprised if many Americans knew that the British government itself didn't grant the license for Chiron to release the vaccine because it was found to be contaminated.

NC Penguin

In reference to John Kerry's answer about a level playing field for Boeing and that Airbus received EU government grants.
Absolutely not so. The EU has provided loans to Airbus which need paying back. If the A380 fails, to sell then Airbus will go bankrupt.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:41 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Yes. Bush gave the impression that the UK was trying to sell the US contaminated flu vaccine that the US turned down. I would be surprised if many Americans knew that the British government itself didn't grant the license for Chiron to release the vaccine because it was found to be contaminated.
NC Penguin
Isn't this a US company operating in the UK as well???
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I think Kerry won it, Bush dodged too many questions but he did manage to appear less like he was about to throttle Kerry this evening.

The way Bush dodged the Roe v Wade question really concerns me.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry 3-0. And even though by shutting down the 101 freeway for 15 miles and the main road right outside of where I work due to him staying close by that cost me an extra 45 minute journey home. I'd still vote for him........if I could.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. I do wish Kerry would have address that "voted for higher taxes 98 times" B.S. tonight every time Bush mentioned it. Its just as false as his claims of bringing 75% of Bin Ladins men to justice.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Oct 14th 2004 at 4:24 am.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Isn't this a US company operating in the UK as well???
http://www.chiron.com/ yup
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:21 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't bring myself to watch after hearing about this...

President Bush has announced his plan to select Dr. W. David Hager to head up the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. The committee has not met for more than two years, during which time its charter lapsed. As a result, the Bush Administration is tasked with filling all eleven positions with new members. This position does not require Congressional approval.

The FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee makes crucial decisions on matters relating to drugs used in the practice of obstetrics, gynecology and related specialties, including hormone therapy, contraception, treatment for infertility, and medical alternatives to surgical procedures for sterilization and pregnancy termination.

Dr. Hager, the author of "As Jesus Cared for Women: Restoring Women Then and Now." The book blends biblical accounts of Christ healing Women with case studies from Hager's practice. His views of reproductive health care are far outside the mainstream for reproductive technology. Dr. Hager is a practicing OB/GYN who describes himself as "pro-life" and refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women.

In the book Dr. Hager wrote with his wife, entitled "Stress and the Woman's Body", he suggests that women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome should seek help from reading the bible and praying. As an editor and contributing author of "The Reproduction Revolution: A Christian Appraisal of Sexuality Reproductive Technologies and the Family," Dr. Hager appears to have endorsed the medically inaccurate assertion that the common birth control, pill is an abortifacient.

We are concerned that Dr. Hager's strong religious beliefs may color his assessment of technologies that are necessary to protect women's lives or to preserve and promote women's health.

Hager's track record of using religious beliefs to guide his medical decision-making makes him a dangerous and inappropriate candidate to serve as chair of this committee. Critical drug public policy and research must not be held hostage by antiabortion politics. Members of this important panel should be appointed on the basis of science and medicine, rather than politics and religion. American women deserve no less.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:09 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I found it interesting that Kerry didn't bring up the fact that Bush allowed 4 million illegal Mexican immigrants to obtain employment legally.

I would have also found it offensive (if I was a US citizen) when Bush’s answer to a working man about losing his job to out-sourcing overseas was “education.� People don’t lose their jobs this way because they are uneducated. They lose them because companies want to save money and therefore go elsewhere. It was a poor answer. Kerry responded to it, but not strong enough in my opinion.

I have to say, Kerry has been stronger in these debates and that Bush is always on the defense.

If I had the chance to vote, Kerry would get mine. But I'll just have to sit back and watch how he does over the next four years when he wins on Nov 2nd.

For those that are interested, I came across this link the other day. I wanted to find the Clinton debates (I was hoping for video) but I found the transcripts. It's worth a read.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

IanandHolly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rincewind
I found it interesting that Kerry didn't bring up the fact that Bush allowed 4 million illegal Mexican immigrants to obtain employment legally..
My mother keeps going on an on about how my husband and I have to jump through hoops and barrels in order to get over here.

She wants us to just come over and have him live like and illegal because she says all other immigrants do it that way.

It really frustrates people who do not understand immigration proceedures when they hear about people trying to immigrate legally when illegal immigrants come in and the government wants to give them so many rights.

I am not doing it my mothers way mind you... we are getting pretty good at jumping those hoops... its just the barrels that are left.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:35 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanandHolly
we are getting pretty good at jumping those hoops... its just the barrels that are left.
Wait till you get to the hurdles
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney

Thanks God for that!!! All the political/personal slagging off will reduce (hopefully). All I can say is "What about actual policy"? Although that to a large degree is irrelevant a president is really a "figurehead" its congress who has the power really.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
Although that to a large degree is irrelevant a president is really a "figurehead" its congress who has the power really.
Yeah, but you have to have someone to throw wet sponges at
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:48 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Bush sucked, as he always does in all public speaking events. He sucked less than in D-1...but he sucked.

I did find it enlightening that on the last question, How have the women/wives in your lives influenced you. I thought Bush, speaking from the hip...not practiced did better than he had all night...he was funny and it came from his heart ("To listen to her...and not to scown and slouch. And she speaks English better than I do too!").
Kerry to me seemed much more cynical..never really mentioned his wife, other than to say he had married "up", perhaps more than the others (Bush/moderator)...then he went on about his dying Mom's last words, integrity, bla bla.

Bottom line, I still think Bush is a moron when he is in front of a crowd, and I still think Kerry is a self centered scheming bastard who would do or say anything and screw anyone or anything to advance his own cause.

Where's Lyndon LaRouche, Pat Buchanon, Ross Perot, Lester Maddox or some other quack fringie that I can cast my (protest) vote for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.