Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filling in person

Filling in person

Old Apr 25th 2002, 6:10 am
C&M

Default Filling in person

Hi there.... I recentely got married to an USC, we have filled out all the form and
are ready to file them. Can I (not the USC) file them in person without my wife there
with me? Cee

Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:40 am
Rob

Default Re: Filling in person

Possibly not a relevant answer but... my fiance arrives in Australia this coming
Saturday (April 27). We're getting married on Tuesday (April 30) and filing DCF on
Monday May 6th at the Sydney Consulate. I've received and returned the packet 3 forms
- and received the packet 4 forms and an interview date of May 6. There's a big bold
stamp at top and bottom of both pages of the letter from the consulate that my USC
spouse MUST file the I-130 in person...

Hope this helps

Rob ))

"C&M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there.... I recentely got married to an USC, we have filled out all the form and
    > are ready to file them. Can I (not the USC) file them in person without my
wife
    > there with me? Cee

Old Apr 25th 2002, 10:40 am
Jb

C&M wrote:
    >
    > Hi there.... I recentely got married to an USC, we have filled out all the form and
    > are ready to file them. Can I (not the USC) file them in person without my wife
    > there with me? Cee

Is filing to take place in the US or outside the US?

It won't be possible to answer this question unless you mention where the filing will
take place. If in the US INS local offices do not all have the same policies (the
same is true for consulates, some allow in-person filing and others do not).

Old Apr 25th 2002, 3:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

C&M,

Congratulations on your marriage.

Where are you?

What forms are you talking about?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by C&M
Hi there.... I recentely got married to an USC, we have filled out all the form and
are ready to file them. Can I (not the USC) file them in person without my wife there
with me? Cee
Old Apr 25th 2002, 5:40 pm
Denis Barlow

Hi,

I've got an appointment to file my AOS / EAD in Phoenix on May 6th. The appointment
letter clearly says :-

"Note: The petitioner (US Citizen) is not required to appear at this time"

HTH

Denis

wife
    > there with me? Cee

Old Apr 26th 2002, 6:10 pm
Shelley

Some offices require filing by mail only See this website to determine which office
you will be using and what their policy is.
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...ces/alphaa.htm Chances are if they allow
walk-in filing, the USC is not required to be there with you, since all they will
do is take your paperwork and if you are really lucky issue you an EAD card. Take
Care. Shelley

wife
    > there with me? Cee