Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

filling in forms on petitioner's behalf

filling in forms on petitioner's behalf

Old Apr 26th 2001, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

hi all,

i have a couple of questions regarding filling in the k1 forms which i hope you won't mind helping me with.

i filled in the i-129f and g235a on behalf of my american fiance, as well as the i-134 which he then signed in front of a bank official who notarized it.

at the bottom of the i-134 i noticed a field which said something along the lines of "if prepared by other than the petitioner please sign & date here," which i duly did. however for the life of me i can't remember if there was such a field at the bottom of the i-129f and g325a, and if there was, whether i signed it.

so my questions are:

1. if i *didn't* sign these fields, and in comparing the i-129f & g235a with my of230 and of156/k, the consular official realises they are in the same hand (and therefore the initial forms were incorrectly filled in), will this jeopardise my application in any way?

2. will it appear remotely suspicious to them that the beneficiary has filled out the forms on behalf of the petitioner?

i appreciate the slightly fixated nature of these queries, but as interview date approaches, tiny things are beginning to seem enormously worrying

and in response to a previous post on this topic, i filled in the petitioner forms for my fiance because a) he's working 10 hours a day to support me, b) i therefore felt this was the least contribution i could make, c) i enjoy this stuff whereas he doesn't and d)his handwriting is truly awful. seriously.

many thanks for any responses,

kate
Old Apr 26th 2001, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

kate, I looked at the copy of the I 129F and there was a field for for someone to sign if they prepared it, not sure on the G 325a though. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your other questions, maybe someone else will.
Old Apr 26th 2001, 1:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kate,

The I-129f also has an "if prepared by other..." section at the very end. This section of the forms is really intended for use by professional preparers, such as a lawyer or paralegal who may have been hired to prepare the forms on behalf of the person who is submitting the forms. You really didn't have to fill in this section of the I-134, and it doesn't make any difference if you didn't fill it in on the I-129f, unless you were acting as a professional preparer in completing the forms for your fiance.

If any questions are asked just provide the same explanations you made here in your post.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by misskate
hi all,

i have a couple of questions regarding filling in the k1 forms which i hope you won't mind helping me with.

i filled in the i-129f and g235a on behalf of my american fiance, as well as the i-134 which he then signed in front of a bank official who notarized it.

at the bottom of the i-134 i noticed a field which said something along the lines of "if prepared by other than the petitioner please sign & date here," which i duly did. however for the life of me i can't remember if there was such a field at the bottom of the i-129f and g325a, and if there was, whether i signed it.

so my questions are:

1. if i *didn't* sign these fields, and in comparing the i-129f & g235a with my of230 and of156/k, the consular official realises they are in the same hand (and therefore the initial forms were incorrectly filled in), will this jeopardise my application in any way?

2. will it appear remotely suspicious to them that the beneficiary has filled out the forms on behalf of the petitioner?

i appreciate the slightly fixated nature of these queries, but as interview date approaches, tiny things are beginning to seem enormously worrying

and in response to a previous post on this topic, i filled in the petitioner forms for my fiance because a) he's working 10 hours a day to support me, b) i therefore felt this was the least contribution i could make, c) i enjoy this stuff whereas he doesn't and d)his handwriting is truly awful. seriously.

many thanks for any responses,

kate
Old Apr 26th 2001, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
If any questions are asked just provide the same explanations you made here in your post.

thanks jeff, that's a big relief!

k.