Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fillable forms, and I-485 Part 3, sction C

Fillable forms, and I-485 Part 3, sction C

Old Jul 10th 2001, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Andy4M is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I know the question about fillable forms has been asked before, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences using the forms from Jonathan's or Alv, er, Doc Steen's sites? I notice that the INS website actually encourages people to download and print out their forms, so I can't really see there being a problem. BTW, I'll be filing AOS in LA, at the Orange County office.

Also, part 3 section C of the I-485 asks you to list 'your present membership in... every political organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the US or elsewhere'

Does anyone know if this applies only to political groups, or does it include any kind of groups? I was a member of the UK Vegan Society in the 1990s, is the INS really interested in knowing this?

Thanks,

Andy
Old Jul 10th 2001, 11:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Others have been successful in using the fillable forms online. However, you should be sure that forms you are filling in are the most current forms available from INS.

Also as you are using LA INS, be aware that there is a volunteer group of attorneys in the INS building that will double check your forms for you (or fill them out) and will file them for you for a small fee. It has been noted that people using this service receive quicker service on their EAD's than those filing on their own.

As for club membership, you got me. If you belong to a club, put it down.

Rita
Old Jul 11th 2001, 2:29 pm
Jonathan_ATC

The fillable forms are acceptable, as long as you don't find any glaring errors in
them. (Please always tell me about any errors you find, I can get them fixed)

I have been serving up the Free Fillable forms for over a year and only had good
messages about them. Methinks if someone has had a problem I would be the first to
hear about that problem.

We used fillable forms for our entire AOS. No problems. (That is what got me started
on coding the forms.)

As for the I-485 Part 3 Section C, it is very clear...

C.List your present and past membership in or affiliation with every political
organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society or similar group
in the United States or in other places since your 16th birthday.

It means what it says, ...political organization, political association, political
fund, political foundation, political party, political club, political society or
similar political group...

I would consider a Vegan club to be a political club. Most of their ideas are
politically based, not food based. Model racing club would be a non-political club.
They don't discuss politics at their meetings, Vegans
Ca. (At the Vegan "Free Dinners" that I have been to, they have all been a ruse to
get more members and vote on things. Pretty political things. YMMV)

No, you don't have to put the Vegan club, I was just teasing you. ;o)

--
    >
Steen's Visa Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >