Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filipino RN's "Faster Way to Get to the U.S."

Filipino RN's "Faster Way to Get to the U.S."

Old Oct 11th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filipino RN's "Faster Way to Get to the U.S."

Just read this today but it's a couple of years old. Please bin it if it is a repost.

http://filipinonurses.org/index.php/...et-to-the-u-s/
Old Oct 12th 2013, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filipino RN's "Faster Way to Get to the U.S."

I was contracted by my aunt to work as an under-the-table caregiver. To earn $5,000 and buy that piece of paper called “work sponsorship.” Once I get that piece of paper, everything will be easy (since I was already there), no need to suffer the 10,000 mile long lines we suffer at Gov’t offices in the Philippines. All I need to do is apply through USCIS and done! Wait it out and get my work visa in a year? (so the agency promised, who knows.)
Yeah, easy. That's exactly how US visas work!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 3:05 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The lot is utter bull.

She talks about a peice of paper 'guarenteeing' a job as being sufficient to convince DOS to grant a 'Work Visa' - apparently labor market testing dosent apply to people from Asia
Old Oct 12th 2013, 3:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

But on the other hand, there are certain quota reserved for the country...still won't help those doing illegal work and stuff.

Fun though.