Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

filing papers for aos but no federal tax returns

filing papers for aos but no federal tax returns

Old Oct 1st 2002, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

susan54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default filing papers for aos but no federal tax returns

hi i have just married usc and we are trying to get evrything together to file with the papers but because my husband has moved around a lot he lost a lot of his papers and we cannot find tax returns we have payslips and w2 on filing in the florida office will they accept these as it takes a long time to get the copies of tax returns and there is an expense invovled please help i know we would need them for the main interview but just not sure on when just going into file
Old Oct 1st 2002, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: filing papers for aos but no federal tax returns

Originally posted by susan54:
hi i have just married usc and we are trying to get evrything together to file with the papers but because my husband has moved around a lot he lost a lot of his papers and we cannot find tax returns we have payslips and w2 on filing in the florida office will they accept these as it takes a long time to get the copies of tax returns and there is an expense invovled please help i know we would need them for the main interview but just not sure on when just going into file
Hi:

Practice varies from District to District. Here in L.A., you need NOT file the tax returns with the I-864 but produce them at the interview.

However, it is quick and easy to get extract copies of recent tax returns. Your husband need only go to a local IRS office and ask for a computer print-out of the last three years. Make sure that IRS puts the issuing office's stamp on them [not a certification per se, but good enough]. INS will accept these ILO copies of the actual returns.
Old Oct 1st 2002, 3:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by susan54:
It costs NOTHING to get an IRS tax transcript and the time is 1 to 10 days for delivery
Old Oct 1st 2002, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

I also neede to obtain copies of my tax returns and I did it via telephone. I called the 1 800 number for the IRS and they directed me to the right person. I had them in a week and it was free.

Ali