Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filing Out Forms - A Few Questions

Filing Out Forms - A Few Questions

Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:10 am
Fill Out-Copy-File-Wait

TheCoach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing Out Forms - A Few Questions

Just beginning the K1 process and looking forward to both everyone's help and sharing the experience with you all.

A couple questions:

1. Filling the forms out using Adobe. Some questions such as SS# and others don't allow me typing "NONE" in the field. Big deal? Write it in? Leave it blank? There are a few fields like this that I was curious about.

2. A letter from the filing person's employer. Who should it be addressed to?

3. This form is submitted in connection with application for: other and K1? I saw somewhere someone submitted using the permant resident box checked.

4. I left my job in one part of Canada this spring to be with my mom who is sick. I will most likely be unemployed when I file this week, is it ok to list NONE as a present job? I do have a job waiting for me in the US. I am interviewing this week at a few places for work in the meantime.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated everyone.

Brian
Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

courtneydus2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Filing Out Forms - A Few Questions

Well I can answer your first problem. Adobe has some fields formated were you can put numbers,text or a check in that field, if you only have an Adobe reader there's nothing you can do but write it in. Do not leave inything blank, I've heard that can be a very time costing mistake, And if you are going through Nabraska you are going to wait long enough without mistakes. If you have a full version of Adobe you can change the format by clicking one of those icons on the task bar. when you see every box turn red you are there, then find the one you want to change double click it and change it to a text box.

Sorry I cant help with anything else.
good luck

Originally posted by TheCoach:
Just beginning the K1 process and looking forward to both everyone's help and sharing the experience with you all.

A couple questions:

1. Filling the forms out using Adobe. Some questions such as SS# and others don't allow me typing "NONE" in the field. Big deal? Write it in? Leave it blank? There are a few fields like this that I was curious about.

3. This form is submitted in connection with application for: other and K1? I saw somewhere someone submitted using the permant resident box checked.

4. I left my job in one part of Canada this spring to be with my mom who is sick. I will most likely be unemployed when I file this week, is it ok to list NONE as a present job? I do have a job waiting for me in the US. I am interviewing this week at a few places for work in the meantime.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated everyone.

Brian
Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

I agree, you shouldn't leave this blank, type as much as you can and then write the other stuff by hand.

If it's for the affidavit, it needs to be addressed to the embassy where you're sending it to, and then I would use, Dear Sir/Madam

I think you should check other, then K1 Fiance Visa

I have to put None for my fiance as well. Not sure if it's the right thing, but it seems like the only thing... GOOD LUCK with it all
Old Oct 15th 2002, 2:41 am
Fill Out-Copy-File-Wait

TheCoach is an unknown quantity at this point

Great advice, I would still appreciate more.

Quick follow-up . . .

Part C dealing with military service and such. Leave it blank or fill it in "NONE"

Thanks,

Brian