Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filing I-140 - Need some answers quickly?

Filing I-140 - Need some answers quickly?

Old Aug 21st 2002, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

spraw00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing I-140 - Need some answers quickly?

My attorney will be filing my I-140 soon. I had some questions...
Somtime back my company has moved its operations from the Texas office to it's Corporate office in California. They no longer operate thru the Texas office.
My Labor was applied for the Texas location and came in yesterday.
My question is -
The I-140 paperwork Section 6 asks for employment location. Should it match with the location mentioned in the Labor application?
Also one more thing - Where do I put my I -140 papers for processing - California or the Texas INS office? I mean do I have a choice here, since I now have my employment location in California.
I also plan to apply for my I-485 simultaneously. Now is that also linked to a particular processing center.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:54 pm
Webcrawler

Default Re: Filing I-140 - Need some answers quickly?

Isn't the LC linked to the location of the future job? That is why it is a state
DoL thing and not the INS. I think you may have to file a new LC. What does your
lawyer say?

spraw00 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > My attorney will be filing my I-140 soon. I had some questions... Somtime back my
    > company has moved its operations from the Texas office to it's Corporate office in
    > California. They no longer operate thru the Texas office. My Labor was applied for
    > the Texas location and came in yesterday. My question is - The I-140 paperwork
    > Section 6 asks for employment location. Should it match with the location mentioned
    > in the Labor application? Also one more thing - Where do I put my I -140 papers for
    > processing - California or the Texas INS office? I mean do I have a choice here,
    > since I now have my employment location in California. I also plan to apply for my
    > I-485 simultaneously. Now is that also linked to a particular processing center.

Old Aug 25th 2002, 10:54 pm
Mal

Default Re: Filing I-140 - Need some answers quickly?

Yes, the LC has to be approved in the location where you will be working, so your
Texas LC is no good for supporting a California job.

The Department of Labor is actually Federal, but it has offices in each state that
review LCs in the light of local salaries etc.

All your paperwork has to go to the California INS Service Center.

-- Mal

WebCrawler wrote:

> Isn't the LC linked to the location of the future job? That is why it is a state
    > DoL thing and not the INS. I think you may have to file a new LC. What does your
    > lawyer say?
    > spraw00 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >>My attorney will be filing my I-140 soon. I had some questions... Somtime back my
    >>company has moved its operations from the Texas office to it's Corporate office in
    >>California. They no longer operate thru the Texas office. My Labor was applied for
    >>the Texas location and came in yesterday. My question is - The I-140 paperwork
    >>Section 6 asks for employment location. Should it match with the location mentioned
    >>in the Labor application? Also one more thing - Where do I put my I -140 papers for
    >>processing - California or the Texas INS office? I mean do I have a choice here,
    >>since I now have my employment location in California. I also plan to apply for my
    >>I-485 simultaneously. Now is that also linked to a particular processing center.