Reload this Page >

Filing Fee for I-130

Filing Fee for I-130

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Antonis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing Fee for I-130

Hi
Me and my wife are living permanently in the UK. We have decided to immigrate to America so we are in the process of filing the I130 form. Because we both live in the UK our application is going to be processed here (UK).

Do you know in which form we should make a payment of the I-130 processing fee? In the forms it says US dollars. Is there anyway to pay by normal British cheque? I am asking because I am not familiar with the procedure of sending a payment in US dollars. (Do I do it through the post office? bank? do I write a British cheque in US $?)

Any member that has come across this problem before and can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Antonis
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:07 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing Fee for I-130

Originally posted by Antonis
Hi
Me and my wife are living permanently in the UK. We have decided to immigrate to America so we are in the process of filing the I130 form. Because we both live in the UK our application is going to be processed here (UK).

Do you know in which form we should make a payment of the I-130 processing fee? In the forms it says US dollars. Is there anyway to pay by normal British cheque? I am asking because I am not familiar with the procedure of sending a payment in US dollars. (Do I do it through the post office? bank? do I write a British cheque in US $?)

Any member that has come across this problem before and can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Antonis
Here's the London Embassy Website address:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130filing.htm

It advises:

Filing Fee: The fee for filing an I-130 or I-360 petition is $130. The fee is payable by U.S. dollar cashier's check, U.S. Dollar money order, or International bank draft made out to the U.S. Disbursing Officer, or by Credit Card, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express. Do not mail cash or personal checks. Please print your name and complete address on the back of the remittance. If payment by credit card you may download the form from this website and attached the completed form to the petition (on top).

If you go any other route than credit card you may just have to attach the cheque to your paperwork when you send it in.
The credit card form is found here:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web.../inscredit.pdf

Also, check out the Marriage Based Visas Forum. You'll find a lot of people going through the same experience as you hang out there, and they'll ask / answer many of the same questions you may have.

Good luck!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:36 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing Fee for I-130

Pay by credit card, it is much easier.

Patrick

Originally posted by Antonis
Hi

Kind regards

Antonis
Old Dec 12th 2003, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Antonis is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant!

I did not realise that I could pay by credit card. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Antonis