Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filed AOS but No Receipt

Filed AOS but No Receipt

Old Sep 17th 2001, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

johnny is an unknown quantity at this point

I filed the AOS papers (ex: K-1 at Norfolk, VA). The blokes there did not give me a receipt, instead directed us to the fingerprinting area.

They said EAD will be issued in 8-10 weeks. By then the stamp on the I-94 will have expired.

The only proof i have is the stubs from the various money orders i gave them.

Can i write to them explaining the situation and requesting a receipt?

thanks

johnny
Old Sep 17th 2001, 7:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You don't normally get a receipt when you file for AOS regardless of whether it was from a K-1 or a tourist visa marriage.

Your cancelled money orders and/or checks will serve as will your EAD when it comes.

Hey but go ahead and write them and ask. They can only do one of three things

1. Ignore you

2. Response with a written letter

3. Send you a cash register receipt

Rete

PS sorry about the expiration of your I-94 right to work. That is how things normally are as well for most people coming in on K-1's. The one year EAd rarely starts before the expiration of the 90 day stamp/card