Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fiance Visa!!!!!

Fiance Visa!!!!!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:43 pm
Impatient but hopeful!

chloej is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Fiance Visa!!!!!

Hello- I am in the middle of applying for the fiance visa (I am waiting in England) and I have not heard anything for a while. Does anyone know how long I can expect to be waiting for- the forms were submitted by my fiance in the US at the end of December and I am very impatient! I had an email from the US immigration who said that I can expect to be waiting for 5-7 months and I am looking for reassurance that this is not the case!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chloe. First off, try this forum for a more detailed response about marriage based visa's http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35 I am sure you are going to have many more questions over the next few months and this is the place to go.

I would imagine that if you filed in december, your fiance should be getting his first notice of action any time soon. Depending on what service center you have filed with? you are probably looking at over 100 plus days before you get the 2nd notice of action(approval), unless you are filing through Vermont, which I believe processes I-129f in around 50 or so days.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

i would say that 5-7 months is a lower estimate. it took me 7 months and that was with the help of a congressman (the little one that wants to be the pres!) you can check the status online at the USCIS website, that will give you the time they expect it to be done too, like (as ours was) 150-180 days.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance Visa!!!!!

Originally posted by chloej
Hello- I am in the middle of applying for the fiance visa (I am waiting in England) and I have not heard anything for a while. Does anyone know how long I can expect to be waiting for- the forms were submitted by my fiance in the US at the end of December and I am very impatient! I had an email from the US immigration who said that I can expect to be waiting for 5-7 months and I am looking for reassurance that this is not the case!
Who are you filing through? Nebraska seems to be the least fast.